Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email wishing me merry Xmas from the company dealing with my diesel claim. It then went on to tell me of other class actions involving claimants from Brazil about the dam bursting and right at the bottom of the email it said they were also dealing with 200 dipper fans who couldn’t get into the stadium in Paris. Wish I could change lawyers.
are they suing the printers of the fake tickets for the failure of their product to get them illegally into the final?
Or
are they suing the printers of the fake tickets for causing the failure of their legal tickets, to get them into the final?

It could be either or both. A classless action if you will.

Friminho, Maguire, Luke shaw, everyone talked about how fat he was... Did not see headlines blazened across all chanels, in fact that was mostly gossip with the beeb staying mostly away from negative utd headlines. Same with the firminho stuff. Anyway not sure what your angry about, Pep saying it or the player for being overweight.

How about vvd, his manager claiming he's not fat, did you see all that all over the bbc and sky?

Cmon admit it, those headlines are for our gullible haters, they love it.

Player comes back overweight is just never a massive news story. And the media love negatibve City news
There’s loads of fat players. But show me where a manager has stated in a post match press conference that one of his players was not available to train or play cause he was overweight ?

Pep hung Phillips out to dry for a reason. Weight is an obsession with him and he was obviously fuming about it. He knows the friction in the press it will ( and has ) caused.

There's a reasonable piece posted today on the BBC about the state of play of the PL after the WC

Attention was drawn to the following excerpts:
'In addition, the Premier League's top scorer Erling Haaland has been able to rest for five weeks, ready to return and try to add to his remarkable tally of 18 goals in 13 games. The Norway striker played his first match for City since November's defeat by Brentford in a 2-0 friendly win against Girona on 17 December, and scored, as did Belgium's Kevin de Bruyne.'
&
'Between now and the end of January there are five rounds of English top-flight fixtures. These all come after some clubs have featured in the Carabao Cup fourth round, with those games having taken place on 20-22 December.'

Great, City get a paragraph on matches played since the WC, mentioning De Bruyne and Haaland scoring... marvellous.
Then you realize that the big match on thursday in the Carabao cup doesn't get a mention for the latest match played, nor the players involved from both clubs, let alone the result.
I think it's actually an updated version of the original article posted earlier in the week before the City v Liverpool match. I certainly recall reading the paragraph about Haaland in the original article.

But it's poor to not update the article and the pertinent paragraph with the fact that Haaland scored in a 3-2 victory. It could be a lazy cut and paste job. More likely, it's a deliberate omission. Off work for Christmas I've been able to watch BBC morning news on tv. Headline sports news about Philip being overweight contrasts sharply with no news whatsoever about the City v Liverpool result, certainly none that I saw. It's obvious that the BBC are trying to bury bad news.

It's probably more likely that they took a player that had just come back from injury to the World Cup, instead of putting him through a tailored training regime to get him back to full match fitness he just did the same tactical training and match practices as the other England players.
Southgate was only ever going to use him as a substitute so all he had to worry about was him being up to speed with the tactical plan of the team and that he could play for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Southgate and the England staff have no interest in making sure players are fit and ready to play a full league season, their only remit is the tournament they're managing these players in, not the competitions their parent clubs are involved in.
Pep then used a phrase in his conference that a native English speaker may not have done (isn't the first time) then the press make a huge thing of it because there's no football on and they've got a 24 hour sports news channel to fill/papers to sell/clicks to gain and the only other football news is related to Liverpool fans misbehaving yet again. Can't have negative headlines and stories about Liverpool so suddenly every easily manipulated football follower is up in arms because Phillips is suddenly an unprofessional fat bastard.
I’m sorry but Pep’s responses are fairly clear. Watch the video from the presser.

He clearly states Phillips arrived back overweight and unable to train. When asked why he states he doesn’t know and won’t elaborate further stating it’s a private conversation with the player, but offers an olive branch that he is needed.

It’s fairly obvious from his responses he is unhappy with the Phillips. Truly bizarre that people are looking to make excuses or blame the England set up.

If Pep doesn’t want to make this a big story he just says Phillips has a knock. But he didn’t. He made a point that he’s overweight and this is the fall out from it.

There’s loads of fat players. But show me where a manager has stated in a post match press conference that one of his players was not available to train or play cause he was overweight ?

Pep hung Phillips out to dry for a reason. Weight is an obsession with him and he was obviously fuming about it. He knows the friction in the press it will ( and has ) caused.
Yes klopp talking about vvd not being fat. Surely the media bbc, sky, would have had full page spreads covering that....

But we know, absolutely know, that the media are reluctant to report negative lfc news, and that they will always report negatives for city. I do think this is what's going on. Not saying you're wrong though just my impression.

Over a decade of media hate, lies, untruths and bile against our club manifested itself into the scenes we saw on Thursday night at the Etihad.

The media are as much to blame, if not more so, for the appalling behaviour of the Liverpool fans, culminating in some poor young girl being scarred for life ..

Years of falsely reporting ..

False accounting ..
State owned..
Spend what we want..
Circumnavigating FFP..
Oil money..(whatever that means)

.. have fanned the flames of hate against our club to a now uncontrollable level..

The sad thing is that we are guilty of none of the above..!

What we are guilty of however is..

Identifying and putting into place a top class management structure from top to bottom..

Installing a way of playing throughout the club from the youth teams through to the first teams for both the men's and women's teams..

Investing in East Manchester and the surrounding areas on an industrial scale..

Spending within our means from day one to attract players such as Sergio, Aleks, David and Yaya, none of whom were world superstars at the time, in fact both David Silva and Yaya Toure were roundly slagged off and laughed at by talksport at the time as I recall..

These players, along with Vinny, Zab, Joe, Edin and Nige to name but a few provided the sound footings at the club, enabling us to grow and establish ourselves at the business end of the PL.

In all that time however, we're constantly being told that we were cheats who could basically spend what we wanted, do what we wanted and ride roughshod over everyone else..

Our trophies were tarnished and our achievements both on and off the field were looked upon with distain.

Years and years we've had to listen to and put up with this shit..

For any lurking haters I'll tell you what we are..

We are the benchmark for every club in world football..

A club who's playing style is now mimicked from grassroots to world cup winners..

The best run football club in the world bar none..

The CFG family is a thing of beauty, giving genuine football fans all over the globe a chance to dream and hopefully enjoy some of the good times my club has given me..

We've broken no rules and we've earned everything we've achieved to date..

What the media have managed to achieve over this time however, by their false and damaging reporting, is an out of control hatred of Manchester City Football Club.

As a football fan of this club, I've had to put up with this over the years, my club, one could think could have worked harder in the early days to dilute the situation we now find ourselves in.

Maybe they did, maybe they were just ignored.

Having recently received an email from them however, requesting that I show respect to Liverpool when they visit our stadium, knowing all along that no respect would be given by them was a bit hard to swallow..

I can't understand why we would want to be associated with them as they, quite rightly, have the worst reputation throughout the footballing world.

Why would we want to let our good name be attached to them ?

When you have their manager openly saying on SKYsports that "it's a bad day for football" when we were quite rightly cleared at CAS of all the false allegations levied at us and then not immediately being corrected by the interviewer, this just added to the media narrative to disrespect and damage my club..

We were rightfully cleared but still reported upon as being cheats..

It's unbelievable really..!

Until the media, as a whole, start reporting on what's actually going on and roundly go after the real perpetrators of hate nothing will change and as sure as night follows day, death will not be far away from the red side of Merseyside once again.!

The media will then be seen hand wringing, staring at their navels and shouting from the rooftops to one and all "how has this happened".?

Bunch of of spineless *****...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.