Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I stayed up to watch, had to go to City's page on the BBC to find anything on the game and then it looks like they were trying to win the least letters typed on a game cup.
I’ve cancelled my licence fee today. The United love-in is ridiculous. Sending Stone thousands of miles again to cover the team that finished 6th, and completely ignoring our game, has made a decision I’ve been thinking about for ages a lot easier.

It was an absolute shithole beforehand, nobody would have touched it and it’s been turned into the coolest area of the North West by a mile.

The council is making millions off % of the rent and There are 2 whole new neighborhoods full of resteraunts, bars and life improving the quality of life for millions on the North and East side of Manchester.

Local developers like Kamani and Capital and Centric are over there now as well.

Genuine derangement at the Guardian over Abu Dhabi.
It would have even far better for us to buy up some of the houses around Maine Road, leave them empty and to go derelict, thereby forcing the other residents out. We could have then bought these houses at a knockdown price. Once we owned whole streets, knock them down and build a new stand.

Last edited:
It was an absolute shithole beforehand, nobody would have touched it and it’s been turned into the coolest area of the North West by a mile.

The council is making millions off % of the rent and There are 2 whole new neighborhoods full of resteraunts, bars and life improving the quality of life for millions on the North and East side of Manchester.

Local developers like Kamani and Capital and Centric are over there now as well.

Having been brought up a 5 minute walk from tge Etihad in the late 60s to early 80s I am amazed at the transformation in the area everytime I'm lucky enough to pop back and see the blues. Way more to do but chalk and cheese when compared.
One man and one club responsible for that, and the fact they criticise is beyond f#cking belief.

Having been brought up a 5 minute walk from tge Etihad in the late 60s to early 80s I am amazed at the transformation in the area everytime I'm lucky enough to pop back and see the blues. Way more to do but chalk and cheese when compared.
One man and one club responsible for that, and the fact they criticise is beyond f#cking belief.

Yea it’s crazy man.

Especially for us on the North side of Greater Manchester, there just aren’t the decent shops, bars and resteraunts anywhere on this side like there are on the South side.

Blakely, Moston, Middleton, Harpurhey etc you have to travel into Manchester if you want anything now we have Ancoats and New Islington on our doorstep.

Agree to a degree. But the 'neighborhoods full of restaurants, bars and life improving quality' is the expansion of the N4/Ancoats.

The actual area around most of the stadium and Academies is no better off for the locals than before we moved there. In fact, when it comes to pubs, it's now far worse.
My missus' family are from there. Back in the day, even when Fort Beswick was standing, the shopping precinct and market was buzzing, and it had several well used community pubs. Yes, it could be dodgy to outsiders, I recall the first time going in their local pub, The Honeycomb and just hoping to get out in one piece, lol. All gone now and it's a ghost town of an evening. A couple of takeaways/vape shops/chippies and Bradford Labour Club as was, aka Mary D's for locals. Of course,it's the same of many other places (my hometown of Newton upon the Heath being another example) sadly the way of our world in general.

Try a stroll around on a non match evening, the investment of the stadium etc, and the 'New Islington' of nearer to town hasn't reached Beswick itself at all as yet.... Locals I know are in two minds about it happening too. While they would welcome a regeneration those kind of delis, bars and restaurants etc would bring, but are also aware they would at the same time be out of their price range, and gentrification would likely see them driven them out.

Yea it’s crazy man.

Especially for us on the North side of Greater Manchester, there just aren’t the decent shops, bars and resteraunts anywhere on this side like there are on the South side.

Blakely, Moston, Middleton, Harpurhey etc you have to travel into Manchester if you want anything now we have Ancoats and New Islington on our doorstep.

Steady lad

Ancoats has always been here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.