Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally never felt it so toxic as it is now. Been called just about everything you could imagine for basically daring to be a city fan this week and refuse to tow the line about city being obviously guilty. It's absolutely wild. People really need to give their heads a wobble.

Put all their names in a little black book & be patient.

This is going to be a very long post, and no doubt excruciatingly dull for the vast majority of posters on here. Nonetheless, when it's completed, I'll hit reply, having spent a big chunk of my Saturday morning on it, because I think it's helpful to try to clear the issue up when there seem to be differing interpretations of just how serious the charges brought by the PL will be seen to be when the issues behind them are known.

[................]

For now, let’s enjoy the rest of Saturday. And let’s hope the players show a bit of the passion Pep did yesterday and take out all of our frustrations on Villa with a good performance and a win tomorrow afternoon.

As you quoted me, I was going to write a long reply, but then I thought no :).

Let me just say this. I just disagree that the annual reports don't give a true and fair view due to any of the issues raised by UEFA, or by the PL if they are the same. For Etihad, for example, there was a valid contract, the services were provided and payment was received in full. It doesn't matter to the true and fair view of the annual accounts how the money got into Etihad in the first place. If ADUG gave the money to Etihad to pay to MCFC, or it came out of central funds, the accounts would show: valid income in revenues, no debtors, and cash in the bank. For the record, UEFA didn't contest the fair value of the contract, or the fact Etihad isn't a related party.

If there was a case to answer for circumventing PL rules around sponsorship and/or equity funding, lawyers may consider that fraud or concealment or whatever, but when Joe Public talks about fraud and misleading auditors, he means falsifying accounts. I doubt very much the annual accounts are false.

I have more nonsense to spout another time and I may be wrong, of course. It has happened before.

Don't normally watch FF but as I put the telly on it was on, I just caught the last bit of our segment.

I thought it was Sam Lee and looking at the other two feared the worst but, he actually seemed to have a balanced argument and certainly shut the other 3 up.
I record it so that I can fast forward all the sycophantic nonsense. Have just watched it and thought Sam Lee did extremely well.
I was interested in Dion Dublin’s body language as well. So much so that I rewound the section and watched again to make sure I was not misinterpreting it. He seemed to be agreeing with a lot of what Sam was saying and I don’t mean just by nodding etc but by his facial expression. Especially when Sam was talking about the timing and the reasoning plus the 9 clubs. Maybe Dion is a closet believer in City’s innocence? Or am I being naïve and blue spectacled?! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.