Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I choked on my cornflakes this morning when someone on Sky said if United win the LC then the glory years are back :)

Every time they say they've turned the corner it always turns out that it was just a big roundabout.
No coincidence that as Liverpool fall away, these twats are now positioned as the greatest in the world. Total twats, followed by complete twats, rimmed by utter twats across the media.

Interesting piece by Ben Grounds on Sly about Pep being misunderstood. The combinations of CB pairings this season has been crazy. Diaz and Stones (easily our best) have only started 3 times.

BBC news reporting death of John Motsom, hello i thought here comes Ricky bastard Villa, of course I was right.

For all sorts of reasons, it's not as deeply ingrained in the public consciousness as the same way as say, Aguerooo will always be Martin Tyler's greatest moment (or, indeed, 'they think it's all over...' belongs to KW) but the Ricky Villa goal has endured as an iconic moment in football history.

Not to be speaking ill of a man when he's barely cold in his grave but Motson's greatest achievement as a commentator was longevity rather than linguistic brilliance. He relayed rather than enhanced (which is fine and certainly far preferable to the current trends of banter and mealy-mouthed moralising). The fact that he'll be better remembered for his choice of attire than anything he said in the heat of the moment, kind of proves that point.

The Villa goal may not be synonymous with anything he said at the time but it is one of the most memorable moments he commentated on.

He seemed a decent bloke and, to be fair, he did his job quite well. Undoubtedly, his passing deserved recognition. In the course of that, it was the right thing to do to show that particular goal.

Pleased to see most of league cup final coverage is done from the Newcasle side. Time for them to win a trophy, come on The Mags, stuff the rags.

Fucking hell, didn't know Jackie Chan was a city fan.
CoNFNVOW8AQpbkV.jpg

199247.jpg

d88132a9da1a2199e57f06fed83562ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.