Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadiq Khan launched the inquiry after it emerged that the cost of completing the works had risen by an extra £50 million.

Work to turn the centrepiece of the 2012 Games into a football ground – including the overhaul of the roof and the addition of 21,000 retractable seats – was originally estimated at £154 million. That figure later rose to £272 million, partly due to the complexity of adapting the huge cantilevered roof. Now it has emerged that the revised total cost is nearer to £323 million, with reports that the cost of the new seating had risen from an estimated £300,000 to £8 million.

It is understood West Ham FC contributed just £15 million towards the conversion costs and that the rest of the £752 million cost of building the arena and subsequently making it fit for football has been met by the taxpayer.

West Ham paid a £15mill contribution to converting the Olympic stadium. West Ham pay £2.5mill a year to lease the Olympic Stadium. (City pay £4mill a year, which goes back to the residents of Manchester, on a 250 year lease on the Etihad Stadium)
Wouldn't even rent you a flat in some parts of London...............

Sky Sports News' Bela Shah this morning; "This is something we are going to have to get used to. Erling Haaland scoring for Manchester City."
It suggests disappointment him scoring.
Yep, not this is something we can all look forward to....
Oh well.

It is perhaps the only recorded example of the Echo suggesting something might not be in the Dippers favour, so a very unusual article.

However is is still standard Echo fare in that they are

1. Complaining
it is somehow unfair that we have sold 3 players with Klopp being quoted as saying we had 'given' their rivals these players

2. Completely illogical argument
If we have strengthened our top 6 rivals then it is surely just as much a problem for us as it is for the Dippers, as we both have to play them the same number of times in a season. Why does it make it more difficult for the Dippers in particular?
Also they think it is unfair when we buy top quality players so how can it also be unfair when we sell 3 top quality players???
Not even jrb could argue that the Echo are responsible for Klopps comments ;)

Personally I found what Klopp said hilarious although I suspect he wasn't joking.

We have strengthened 2 of the top 6 without doubt (even if Chelsea seem to have managed to go backwards at the same time, yes, that sounds impossible :) 1 step forward, 3 steps back at the moment).

Spurs do seem to be quietly improving without our help and Arsenal are coming on in leaps and bounds. However despite this we have managed to improve ourselves whereas Liverpool have possibly stood still/degraded/or improved depending on how the swap of Mane for Nunez works out and I doubt even Klopp know how that is going to work out. Perhaps his comments are coming from his sub-conscious and he's a wee bit concerned?

Either way I can see us taking more points from the other 5 compared to last year whilst Liverpool have a much greater chance of dropping more. I'm really feeling positive for this coming season.

Not going to post a link but seriously?

Harry Maguire's determination to beat the Manchester United boo boys has seen the England defender turn his back on a potential move to Barcelona

I would say you couldn’t make it up…
Obviously a straight swap for De Jong given what the rags paid for him
Unbelievable

Lovely place, changed a lot now now, lived out there for 6 months, had a right giggle, The Zigamar, Z Bar, Villa Flamenca, Coconuts, Linda's Bar, Restaurante Merendero Moreno, Potters Bar, did a little work for Shambles. Seeing other City shirts or t shirts was very rare mooching about town and along the Playa Burriana, Paco's cafe/bar (Cafeteria Bahia) used to have a City tea towel hanging behind his counter that I gave him. Good to hear Ner swarming with City now.
Booked a table at the Bruxelles (Belgium) restaurant on Burriana Beach last night gave my name as Kevin and the owner start singing Oh Kevin De Bruyne back to me then had a walk along the beach and a German kid was wearing the new City home kit with KDB on the back of it and I start singing the De Bruyne song to him got the thumbs up from him

'Reporter notebook: The Erik ten Hag way'

Is this to go alongside the van gaal way, the mourinho way, the solksjaer way and of course the United way?

Honestly these fuckin arseholes in the press are nauseating.

'Reporter notebook: The Erik ten Hag way'

Is this to go alongside the van gaal way, the mourinho way, the solksjaer way and of course the United way?

Honestly these fuckin arseholes in the press are nauseating.
It’s collectively known as the wrong way :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.