Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbert (the most appropriately named journalist until we get one called Richard Head) has blocked me. But I've posted it on Twitter and tagged him.

Can you ask him how organic his club Wrexham have got on being the richest club in non-league history?

When I see the word organically in relation to the media darlings I always immediately think of something growing from a bag of shit
Correct.
The only thing organic is the utter shite dribbling from the mouthes of plastic Rags and Dippers and their bought and paid for shills.

Not 100% but I have it in the back of my mind that the ‘99 European Cup Final was the first in history where neither finalist were actually even reigning champions of their own domestic league.
It was the first season you could qualify without either winning your domestic league or as holders.
The Rags qualified by winning the square of fuck all.

It was the first season you could qualify without either winning your domestic league or as holders.
The Rags qualified by winning the square of fuck all.
2nd season - Newcastle did it in 1997 coming second after being 4th before the final game under Kenny. But no runners up in the final that year.

The top four in 1999 were united, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leeds, in that order.

United's turnover was £62.8m, and their squad cost was £54.6m. Wages were £29.1m
Arsenal's turnover was £48.6m, and their squad cost was £47.4m. Wages were £26.5m
Chelsea's turnover was £45.9m, and their squad cost was £45.9m. Wages were £24.9m
Leeds' turnover was £35.4m, and their squad cost was £30.4m. Wages were £17.4m

Organic, my fucking arse.

Brilliant Colin, not forgetting that the rags had been outspending everyone for years in their quest to win a title before their treble. The fact they got lucky with some academy lads coming through doesn't make it bloody organic. One of those they nicked off us anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.