Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are preparing their headlines already....."Sam does it again"......"Big Sam puts paid to City's winning run"....... ""Allardyce magic working already"...... "Haaland draws a blank against Sam's tactical master plan" etc....etc.

You can see what they want to happen tomorrow. I just hope we can shove it back in their spiteful jealous faces. ((Or should I say "faeces"?)

Can’t understand why the PL doesn’t just do it itself. It could stream every game easily enough and cut out the middle men. It might mean the PL effectively becoming a Sunday League, with an early and late kick off on a Saturday (reflecting the 2 teams playing the following Tuesday in the CL, when appropriate). Reasonable streaming fee for individuals and reasonable for hospitality venues for every game week and the game would grow yet again, although ticket prices would need to fall quite a bit.
I think they're considering it - but live streaming is still relatively "new". Amazon have only recently started with the football, have much more experience than the PL, and still have problems, particularly with delays. ITVx had lots of problems with the World Cup.

I'd expect it to happen at some point, but right now they're growing so quickly, particularly with non-UK income, that the logistics/complexity/risks probably mean it's not a priority.

Another thing about these old goal scoring records that we keep hearing about. Dixie Dean, Pongo and their mates, is there was no such thing as an own goal back then. Or a cross that narrowly avoids everyone and goes straight in. Anything remotely within touching distance of the striker, they claimed it and that’s the end of it.
Harry Kane used to claim all the dubious goals prior to VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.