Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a pretty good grasp of the English language but I'm still trying to work out what these critics mean when they use the word "organically".

As far as can see, the only conceivable way it can be applied to football clubs is by using it to mean;

"in a way that happens or develops naturally over time, without being forced or planned by anyone"

Interesting that united's flotation on the Stock Exchange was neither forced nor planned as nor, indeed, were the retention of gate monies, the formation of the G14 group of clubs (later expanded to 18 to include Arsenal), and the formation of the Champions League, (and the extension of entry to the, er, top 4 clubs), nor the introduction of artificial restrictions on investment, nor the proposal for the ESL.

Football before City had investment was so wholesome and organic it even smelt like Manure.

I think I have a pretty good grasp of the English language but I'm still trying to work out what these critics mean when they use the word "organically".

As far as can see, the only conceivable way it can be applied to football clubs is by using it to mean;

"in a way that happens or develops naturally over time, without being forced or planned by anyone"

Interesting that united's flotation on the Stock Exchange was neither forced nor planned as nor, indeed, were the retention of gate monies, the formation of the G14 group of clubs (later expanded to 18 to include Arsenal), and the formation of the Champions League, (and the extension of entry to the, er, top 4 clubs), nor the introduction of artificial restrictions on investment, nor the proposal for the ESL.

Football before City had investment was so wholesome and organic it even smelt like Manure.

Its all bullshit,with actual truths conveniently disregarded or brushed over.Not one club that has experienced an element of success has not had a leg up or bent the 'rules',their owners/directors or benefactors actively maintaining such by the methods you describe amongst other dubious sponsorship deals.

We massively upset the status quo,as we were never a part of the accepted elite,and because we have uninvitedly taken their previously untouchable wealth and success......we have become the hunted,with various newly invented rules put in place,and subsequent moving of goal posts,to try and stop our momentum and continued reign.

The Premiership itself was created in order for the rich to get richer and to protect the elite........but again,that fact is ignored.

Corruption is rife in this game,its full of glass house types.....to demonise us as being worse than any other is born purely from jealousy,greed and self interest.

Just wait till we lift that CL trophy!! pmsl

Its all bullshit,with actual truths conveniently disregarded or brushed over.Not one club that has experienced an element of success has not had a leg up or bent the 'rules',their owners/directors or benefactors actively maintaining such by the methods you describe amongst other dubious sponsorship deals.

We massively upset the status quo,as we were never a part of the accepted elite,and because we have uninvitedly taken their previously untouchable wealth and success......we have become the hunted,with various newly invented rules put in place,and subsequent moving of goal posts,to try and stop our momentum and continued reign.

The Premiership itself was created in order for the rich to get richer and to protect the elite........but again,that fact is ignored.

Corruption is rife in this game,its full of glass house types.....to demonise us as being worse than any other is born purely from jealousy,greed and self interest.

Just wait till we lift that CL trophy!! pmsl
The problem with us, psg and now Newcastle is it's a genuine sustainable challenge to the established hierarchy. They don't mind a Blackburn or Leicester popping up for one season and the politely fading away as it keeps up the illusion the the league is not a closed shop.

The problem with us, psg and now Newcastle is it's a genuine sustainable challenge to the established hierarchy. They don't mind a Blackburn or Leicester popping up for one season and the politely fading away as it keeps up the illusion the the league is not a closed shop.

Very much,its almost irreversible,we have done a proper job on the self serving cunts.

Too true, dear Blue, too true!

When contrasting top level footy prior to 2008 against top level footy ever since, it has been as the ancient Greek and Roman poets described the differences between the Elysian Fields in which all good souls aspired to rest and the hell-hole of Hades across the river Styx where wrong 'uns (like City!) surely must end up!

As Virgil (might've) put it in 'The Aeneid':

"In no fix'd place the happy souls (of the Sky4/G18) reside. In Elysium's groves we live, and lie on mossy beds, By crystal streams, that murmur thro' the meads: But pass yon easy hill, and thence descend; The path conducts you to your journey's end.. (But beyond the Stygian stench in Hades is where the dirty Arab oil-money men must reside for having the cheek to take on the Sky4/G18..)"

Or something like that.

Or else to put it another way, "F**k 'em", says I..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.