Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 11 articles about United's win today in the Daily Mail.

And Roy thinks United are certs for a top 4 finish in 1 of the articles.

Roll on Thursday night and a United victory in the Europa League!

"Oh what a night......
I bet they're looking forward to playing Sheriff Tiraspol in the Russian occupied breakaway region of Transnistria. Not that the average rag would have a clue where that is.

I'm not going to post it here but there as an article in the fail which extracts from Nevilles 'new book' which repeats the claim that we are 'owned' by Abu Dhabi and goes on to recommend a new independently created regulatory board which oversees ownership. Such a board would require HRH and any other owner to host (personally) an agm for season ticket holders and (personally) attend what would be in effect a 'select committee' where they can answer any questions about the club or in general (human rights etc etc). The man is fucking delusional.
There are many bewildering things about Neville. None more so than how the fuck he managed to get 85 caps for England is beyond comprehension.

Sportswashing lol

What about red top American owners washing ?

24/7 rags and dippers shit from a country that invades our country's if it disagrees with the religion. A country where its citizens walk around shooting each other.
I personally think America is a shit hole and the biggest danger to the world. On a football note I think America owners are a biggest threat to our football.

It wont belong before we have a closed shop league with just American teams. It will be called soccer world series or something.
The DEA used Panama as a staging post for its Cocaine importations. They used the profits to supply guns to the right wing Nicaraguan rebels.
When they fell out with Panama (General Noriega) the U.S. invaded and replaced him.

And they, through the media accuse the Sheik of Human Rights abuses !

Sam Lee did the paper review on Sky today.

He said the mcallister wonder goal should have stood and VAR overruling it was wrong.

Is he a football expert ? It was clearly offside, does he want offside goals given. Strange remark imo
Sam Lee, the Forest Fan, the woman who screeches, no not Melissa Reddy the other one.

How far have sky fallen. The next expert will be the homeless guy who sits in Piccadilly wearing a rag shirt

Listening to Radio 4 'More or Less' yesterday and they were supposedly debunking the ''conspiracy theory'' (as they repeatedly referred to it) of Liverpool's squad having over 5x the average number of asthmatics.

They certainly didn't do a very convincing job of debunking it to me, in fact if anything the lack of any firm and definitive dismantling of the claim just reaffirms that there is an element of truth to it.

Liverpool FC refused to comment, which surely if it is an entirely untrue ''conspiracy theory'' the simplest and most definitive way of refuting it would be for the club to come out and state exactly what percentage of the squad are registered as being asthmatic.

Listening to Radio 4 'More or Less' yesterday and they were supposedly debunking the ''conspiracy theory'' (as they repeatedly referred to it) of Liverpool's squad having over 5x the average number of asthmatics.

They certainly didn't do a very convincing job of debunking it to me, in fact if anything the lack of any firm and definitive dismantling of the claim just reaffirms that there is an element of truth to it.

Liverpool FC refused to comment, which surely if it is an entirely untrue ''conspiracy theory'' the simplest and most definitive way of refuting it would be for the club to come out and state exactly what percentage of the squad are registered as being asthmatic.
Must be in their DNA, laah.

It is worth remembering that oil is the life blood of the world economy. Without oil, people starve. In the 1970s, when Sheik Yamani led Opec to put in a massive price rise, world recession took place. The oil producers, much to their surprise, suffered as much as anyone. The World Bank and others persuaded them that recycling their new found wealth was key to their own prosperity. Hence they are now a key driver of investment throughout the world. Oil will, of course, become less used over the next decades and the current investment programmes will bear fruit and replace oil revenues.
The good Sheik was known as Handover.

The thing with this with Liverpool players having a very high % of asthma? If other clubs don’t have the similar % of asthma players tells you all you need to know that they bending the rules!

I'm not going to post it here but there as an article in the fail which extracts from Nevilles 'new book' which repeats the claim that we are 'owned' by Abu Dhabi and goes on to recommend a new independently created regulatory board which oversees ownership. Such a board would require HRH and any other owner to host (personally) an agm for season ticket holders and (personally) attend what would be in effect a 'select committee' where they can answer any questions about the club or in general (human rights etc etc). The man is fucking delusional.
The Mail article is riddled with lies from start to finish. Neville repeatedly talks about Abu Dhabi doing this and Abu Dabi doing that. He knows full well that the developments and investments in the Manchester area are either by Sheikh Mansour himself or are joint projects between CFG and other business partners including Manchester City Council, Los Angeles-based Silver Lake, and the Chinese-based CMC holdings. These investments are reaping huge profits for Sheikh Mansour. They are nothing to do with the Abu Dhabi Government.
I realise Neville is a moron but, even by his standards, the article (based on his book) is ridiculous. I can only assume that he is totally motivated by malice. Otherwise why does he ignore the truth?

I listened to this also, but i think i would mainly disagree - the prof explained that there is no evdience that asthma drugs give performance enhancement unless huge amounts are taken, and even then the evidence is mixed. Plus those amounts would be picked up on doping tests easily.

athletes have higher prevalence of asthma (25%, double national rate, admittedly not the 63% being claimed about Liverpool). However if there is any basis to the rumour of asthma rates at Liverpool being way way higher, this would be of interest, i agree.

where did the story about Liverpool even come from? it's entirely out of the ether. Why should Liverpool make an official statement about every rumour/story online? do City?

for a while I wanted to believe Liverpool's lack of injuries and relentless running could be explained in part by some sort of rule-bending, but let's face it, it isn't. They are fit, they have had their share of injuries the last 2 seasons and they dont even run the most in the Prem (7th most last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.