Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher on Sky "Hes not a city player, hes a player for all the premier league." have you ever heard such utter bollocks
Heard that myself,so technically he’s a red scouser,rag,spurs,chelsea,arsenal player and so on utterly bizarre,although he did say he was the first proper superstar to come to the premier league,I’d have thought guardiola would have been the first ;-)

This is why I don't pay attention to the papers. We have won the league four times in the last five seasons and fair play to Liverpool, they've been really excellent and ran us close a couple of times, but the media don't give a shite. They just talk about whatever clubs have missed out. Pisses me off.

Heard that myself,so technically he’s a red scouser,rag,spurs,chelsea,arsenal player and so on utterly bizarre,although he did say he was the first proper superstar to come to the premier league,I’d have thought guardiola would have been the first ;-)
I can understand that though. Haaland plays for us but he is such a sublime player that neutrals will enjoy watching him too. I mean, I used to enjoy watching the likes of Torres and Ronaldo even if they were scoring goals for rivals, cos you can appreciate a beautiful player.

Lol he wishes he was at the scousers , good I say let's.hope they all appreciate him as he's banging in a hatrick against them
My husband supports Liverpool. He freely admits he wishes they'd signed Haaland. But you know, you snooze, you lose.

Carragher on Sky "Hes not a city player, hes a player for all the premier league." have you ever heard such utter bollocks
Someone in the producer's gantry will have put that phrase into his mouth. Similarly, Neville urging every viewer to get along and watch him.

It's their way of controlling ng the narrative and clinging onto fickle armchairfans of certainother clubs. You're right, of course. It is a load of cobblers but what's more interesting is it proves that in PR terms (as well as everything else) we've played a blinder in signing Haaland. His success has painted the broadcasters into a corner. They can either big Haaland up (and by extension, City too) or denigrate their own very expensive product.

“He’s one of those players that I would say if you get an opportunity as a football fan to get a ticket in the ground where he's playing. Go and watch him,” Neville said. “You can get them at City can't you?” Carragher cheekily responded, causing laughter in the studio including from presenter David Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.