Medicals, Hughes and Robinho

Sheikh Rattle n Roll

Maybe a bit of an odd title for a thread, but here goes. I am not knocking any Players here, but what is the point of Medicals before singings are made. We have purchased Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bridge, Roque Santa Cruz, Nigel De Jong and Joleon Lescott, all of whom have had and continue to have knee problems.

Craig Bellamy was out for the end of last season and he continues to suffer with his knee, although I think he has been a great signing. We should never have purchased Santa Cruz with his injury record..... let’s see if he remains knee problem free. Wayne Bridge has well documented knee problems and is out for quite some time now. If reports are true, then Joleon Lescott had a knee problem at Everton for quite some time and we purchased Nigel De Jong, knowing he was feeling his way back into the game having suffered a serious knee injury. Now there we have £80 million pounds paid out, my question is this, what happened to the old news reports we used to hear in the 1970’s and 1980’s of a player failing a Medical???.... how crocked does a Player have to be before he fails a Medical???

Second point, and maybe I should have started a second thread, but I can’t be arsed as I am in a bad mood for some reason today, Robinho clearly has no liking for Mark Hughes and vice versa. Hughes didn’t buy Robinho, he was ‘a gift to the fans’. Hughes quite clearly cannot manage Robinho and it now appears that he doesn’t want to pick him unless he has to. Regardless of Robinho’s attitude towards Mark Hughes, he has now shown a complete lack of class and respect towards City fans for his actions at Tottenham. Mark Hughes is talking bollocks when he says Robinho didn’t have to sit on the bench for the rest of the match. It is like the shaking of hands at the end of the game, which should always happen between Mangers and Players, a substituted player (unless injured) should sit with his Teammates and Management on the bench for the rest of the game. In the words of Stuart Pearce when questioned about the attitude of Micha Richards, Robiniho ‘needs educating’, but I am afraid his ego will not allow him to be educated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.