Mehdi Benatia

citytillidie24 said:
cookster said:
citytillidie24 said:
Are you all forgetting how much Roma dug their heels in when we were after De Rossi? We won't be signing Benatia unless he really kicks off about the move. Don't hold your breath when dealing with Roma.

De Rossi never wanted to leave Roma.

So? Benatia has been quoted as saying he wanted a new contract and told fans he 'wasn't leaving'... Sounds like he just wants a bumper new contract... Exactly the same thing happened with De Rossi.

Do not hold your breath on signing this guy, if we do sign him, we'll have to pay big money and I don't think we're willing to. Same goes for Mangala, we won't pay over the odds for anyone anymore.

If you can't see the difference between a player who was born in Rome, supported Roma as a child, been part of the furniture for 14 years and Benatia then you got me.

Benatia has told City he wants to join according to Simon Mullock, who is about as reliable as it gets on City matters. But does he want to join enough to rock the boat and risk a Roman uprising with fans at his front door...?

LoveCity said:
Benatia has told City he wants to join according to Simon Mullock, who is about as reliable as it gets on City matters. But does he want to join enough to rock the boat and risk a Roman uprising with fans at his front door...?

I agree, I think City should have already got the CB target locked down.....sadly, its looking like we could miss on our top 2 CB's.......hope we got a backup plan....I was hoping we had got our CB signing signed up early but looks like a team like Liverpool got up earlier than us....Lambert and Lallana look done and Monero is close......I've read that they have made as many as 5 bids for different players.......Come on City!!!

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri · 35m
Etihad to be next Roma sponsor after sealing the huge deal to take over Alitalia
----------------------------------
Could it be a factor??

FantasyIreland said:
Etihad to be next Roma sponsor after sealing the huge deal to take over Alitalia
Could it be a factor??

IF it is this, that's a f*cking cheeky (but brilliant) way to get around the transfer spend cap. Paying the fee in "sponsorship"..

I hate hearing that City won't pay over the odds for a player we want. Negotiate fine because of FFP but every other top team we are trying to overtake has spent what they needed to get the player they wanted. It should be clear to the world by now that awe aren't the ones just out here spending big so let's give Roma a strong offer and see where it goes from there. This window is a sellers market.

cookster said:
citytillidie24 said:
cookster said:
De Rossi never wanted to leave Roma.

So? Benatia has been quoted as saying he wanted a new contract and told fans he 'wasn't leaving'... Sounds like he just wants a bumper new contract... Exactly the same thing happened with De Rossi.

Do not hold your breath on signing this guy, if we do sign him, we'll have to pay big money and I don't think we're willing to. Same goes for Mangala, we won't pay over the odds for anyone anymore.

If you can't see the difference between a player who was born in Rome, supported Roma as a child, been part of the furniture for 14 years and Benatia then you got me.

If you honestly think Roma will ask any different then you've got me. Are you under the impression they have to sell? They certainly don't. Is Benatia worth 30m+? No he isn't. But if we don't pay it (and we shouldn't) we won't sign him. I know the difference between De Rossi and Benatia, but the stance won't change from Roma's point of view and why should it? They know we're loaded so they'll drive the price up.

SwiftBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Could it be a factor??

IF it is this, that's a f*cking cheeky (but brilliant) way to get around the transfer spend cap. Paying the fee in "sponsorship"..
1) We don't own Etihad, and 2) If Roma receive a sponsorship deal it must make it easier for them to resist a big transfer bid

Marvin said:
SwiftBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Could it be a factor??

1) We don't own Etihad, and 2) If Roma receive a sponsorship deal it must make it easier for them to resist a big transfer bid

1) Correct.
2) Unless the sponsorship deal includes implicit requirements that Roma maintain a "mutually beneficial" relationship with City.

I suspect any deal between Roma and Etihad has been months in the making and not related to us, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.