Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

I'm Big Heart Fan And City Fan As well,
In answer to some comments and questions on this forum.

We have an etihad Staium , but its not a football ground , and is terrible for watching the game , Our AAMI park (which im sure can be rebranded) is the best place to watch the game.

A Planned friendly in australia - Last year liverpool came out, charged double and got 100,000 to the game.
Their are More EPL fans in Oz than their are A-league fans - This will change soon hopefully.
Many City Folk have jumped on in the last 24 hours

Most of us heart Fans are happy for a name change , but not the home colors. We are still our own team. All other color suggested are already used by other teams - sky blue , red&black etc.

We have poor crowds mostly, but our local derby still draws the biggest crowd - ie heaps of potential

Yaya_Tony said:
Huge news this. On the colours change thing, although it may face resistance initially the club's fanbase will grow to match Victory eventually and looking at the Abu Dhabi F1 track it seems inevitable;

http://circuitprodigital.com/wp-con...L-DAY-SPIRITS-HIGH-AT-YAS-MARINA-CIRCUIT2.jpg

The City Footballing Group. Unbelievable.

Thats weird I saw that post 10 mins ago, then it disappeared.....then came back.wtf

Its a sign I tell ya

rastus said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Huge news this. On the colours change thing, although it may face resistance initially the club's fanbase will grow to match Victory eventually and looking at the Abu Dhabi F1 track it seems inevitable;

http://circuitprodigital.com/wp-con...L-DAY-SPIRITS-HIGH-AT-YAS-MARINA-CIRCUIT2.jpg

Thats weird I saw that post 10 mins ago, then it disappeared.....then came back.wtf

Its a sign I tell ya
Link didn't work so I deleted it to find a better picture ;-)

To Answer the Salary cap questions.... I say this

Say the same amount of $$ was offered for the best 23 year old in the country, he is out of contract as you can only sign australians on frees...

but who is he going to choose,
- the one that has the best facilities in the league by miles (soon to be Ferran Soriano said its #1)
- the one with a link to the EPL
- the one that holds training camps in england in the off season
- the one that could participate in practice torunements in dubai with city and new york
- the ones with the best backroom staff in the league

Then if you are a young 16 year old at that age you are looking to get into the youth teams, 1 team for every a league team, and the best is probably melbourne victory in melbourne
- who are they gonna come to now... with the best academy you could imagine

rastus said:
No our owners didnt rebrand our colours but rebranded us, thank firk. We have a history of 100 years not 4, you should be jumping for joy

Slightly big-headed response, and I think you totally missed his point. He's pointing out that we haven't had to deal with a rebranding from Mansour in 5 years of ownership whereas at Day One, MHFC is already being spoken of as a certainty to alter their name, which means they have valid arguments for questioning whether their experience will be different or not. That said, I think that - once the name change is...shall we say...negotiated, - that Heart fans should be in for a fun time, even if they may not have the explosive success many are talking of. The A-League salary cap, and very MLS-like designated player rules, mean that success will only come through building a spine and then stocking it with the right sort of workhorse players. This could take a few seasons, but with our owners I feel confident that success will surely come with time.

I'm looking forward to the time - which will surely come - when MCFC, NYCFC and MHFC all take part in a pre-season tournament. Sure, MLS has a different season but they play so few games that I'm sure they can fit in some mid-season matches. It's interesting also to read how City seem to have gotten involved with looking for an A-League team a couple of months after placing pen to paper for the NYCFC deal. This somewhat blows my speculation out of the water, that the board were planning on a softly-softly approach, building NYCFC first and then adding new clubs once they'd perfected the technique in America. This begs the question - will the board begin to seek out the most fertile fields for the fourth team by March? There's still plenty of space open. South Africa next perhaps? A South American team would be amazing but would be difficult, in that the teams in SA have as much history as we do in England, and I'm not sure that buying an established team like that would go without much resistance there. On the other hand, a Chinese team, or perhaps Indonesian (since we appear to have more Indonesian fans now than everywhere else put together, somehow) might be somewhat smoother. Perhaps a team in Fiji or Tonga or Kiribati or something, just to complete the set?

Greetings From Aus,

Firstly thank you for buying our club, it has been a very tough time lately for our club results wise but all supporters have stuck true through the good times and bad. I feel this move by MCFC will not only put the A League on the map but it will help develop great young talent. I feel you could quite possibly bring out the sleeping giant in the A League.

Also the amount of Man City fans gained through this purchase will be very high. Myself i have never had a "TEAM" so to speak just followed and watched with interest, But because of this i am happy to say Man City is now my EPL team that i will watch and will support.

Thanks again guys

AllHeart said:
I'm Big Heart Fan And City Fan As well,
In answer to some comments and questions on this forum.

We have an etihad Staium , but its not a football ground , and is terrible for watching the game , Our AAMI park (which im sure can be rebranded) is the best place to watch the game.

A Planned friendly in australia - Last year liverpool came out, charged double and got 100,000 to the game.
Their are More EPL fans in Oz than their are A-league fans - This will change soon hopefully.
Many City Folk have jumped on in the last 24 hours

Most of us heart Fans are happy for a name change , but not the home colors. We are still our own team. All other color suggested are already used by other teams - sky blue , red&black etc.

We have poor crowds mostly, but our local derby still draws the biggest crowd - ie heaps of potential
Our owners have been unbelievably understanding of our history and traditions to this day and I would be very surprised if they were not sensitive to your concerns.
Maybe there could be a compromise on the team colours; if it were to happen, would you keeping your home strip as it is and adopting light blue as the away kit be acceptable to the Heart fans?
There is a sort of logic to that I think...

mcfclovin88 said:
TrueToTheHeart said:
Hello lads, I will introduce myself as a very passionate and loyal supporter of the Melbourne Heart football Club

The Heart is my main team in world sport. I support them more than anyone else, I am one of a small but like minded group.

Our story

Our club entered the A-League 5 years after our crosstown rivals Melbourne victory. By this point the victory had gained a large number of the available supporters and corporate sponsors. The heart attempted to provide a point of difference with a community focus, but the club was given little funding from the FFA when compared to the western Sydney wanderers who are a favorite son of the FFA now after their initial success- all due to a major cash influx from the FFA themselves.

Due to the abscence of major funding, our club quickly found themselves running on a shoestring budget and training at substandard facilities for which government funded upgrades had not occurred. Regardless of this, the team continued to have success but that came to an abrupt halt when the club signed John Aloisi- a socceroo who's main claim to fame was scoring a penalty to send Australia to ten World Cup. On the back of that single moment, Aloisi earring himself a 3 year deal in April 2012. despite never having coached a senior team before. As you can tell, things went downhill from there.

Fast forward to January 2014- the team has won 6 games of which 1 has come this season after the club finally sacked Aloisi and has not won a game away from home. Naturally this sees the club run into a very poor financial position, becoming the poorest club in the a-league.

This is where you lot come in to it- Manchester city; unable to buy into any other a-league team who decides to keep to themselves find the struggling Melbourne Heart. They easily purchase the team and turn what was a club of its own into an entity of the major club in its brilliant idea to achieve success by building a global monopoly.

I thank all of you for coming over to our forum and taking an interest in our club, but now it is effectively yours. We are now Melbourne City and soon we will be sponsored by emirates and playing in sky blue.

It's all very we'll you coming to us and telling us how well you club. has done under the new owner but

Did your owner attempt to totally rebrand the name and colors of your club?
Did your owner make your club seem like a small piece in a larger puzzle?

That is what is really feels like to me. I feel I have lost my club, my home my sporting family, all in someone else's master plan!

To conclude, our club was run by idiots who didn't believe that their supporters truly cared about the club and wanted the best for them over all other clubs. They believed in mediocrity and now we are in this position now.

I see that there are many potential positives for our club, but I really feel that the cost is that we are now a mini-man city and have lost our independence.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about this but please think of us- the supporters whose club is being rebranded and potentially knocked down to start again. We are loyal and proud supporters just like you.

Come on you Hearts!

All I can say is, sooner or later down the line you'll wonder why you ever questioned the takeover. Our owners took a complete interest in our history and tradition, I imagine the same will be done with your club. Everything that will be done for your club will be in your best interest, I have no doubt about that. You your club was run by idiots, then fear not, because the new guys will be the complete opposite.

Of course there will be some things you won't be happy with, but overall you will see why it's the best thing that could have happened.

-- Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:56 am --

TrueToTheHeart said:
Hello lads, I will introduce myself as a very passionate and loyal supporter of the Melbourne Heart football Club

The Heart is my main team in world sport. I support them more than anyone else, I am one of a small but like minded group.

Our story

Our club entered the A-League 5 years after our crosstown rivals Melbourne victory. By this point the victory had gained a large number of the available supporters and corporate sponsors. The heart attempted to provide a point of difference with a community focus, but the club was given little funding from the FFA when compared to the western Sydney wanderers who are a favorite son of the FFA now after their initial success- all due to a major cash influx from the FFA themselves.

Due to the abscence of major funding, our club quickly found themselves running on a shoestring budget and training at substandard facilities for which government funded upgrades had not occurred. Regardless of this, the team continued to have success but that came to an abrupt halt when the club signed John Aloisi- a socceroo who's main claim to fame was scoring a penalty to send Australia to ten World Cup. On the back of that single moment, Aloisi earring himself a 3 year deal in April 2012. despite never having coached a senior team before. As you can tell, things went downhill from there.

Fast forward to January 2014- the team has won 6 games of which 1 has come this season after the club finally sacked Aloisi and has not won a game away from home. Naturally this sees the club run into a very poor financial position, becoming the poorest club in the a-league.

This is where you lot come in to it- Manchester city; unable to buy into any other a-league team who decides to keep to themselves find the struggling Melbourne Heart. They easily purchase the team and turn what was a club of its own into an entity of the major club in its brilliant idea to achieve success by building a global monopoly.

I thank all of you for coming over to our forum and taking an interest in our club, but now it is effectively yours. We are now Melbourne City and soon we will be sponsored by emirates and playing in sky blue.

It's all very we'll you coming to us and telling us how well you club. has done under the new owner but

Did your owner attempt to totally rebrand the name and colors of your club?
Did your owner make your club seem like a small piece in a larger puzzle?

That is what is really feels like to me. I feel I have lost my club, my home my sporting family, all in someone else's master plan!

To conclude, our club was run by idiots who didn't believe that their supporters truly cared about the club and wanted the best for them over all other clubs. They believed in mediocrity and now we are in this position now.

I see that there are many potential positives for our club, but I really feel that the cost is that we are now a mini-man city and have lost our independence.

I am interested to hear what you guys think about this but please think of us- the supporters whose club is being rebranded and potentially knocked down to start again. We are loyal and proud supporters just like you.

Come on you Hearts!

All I can say is, sooner or later down the line you'll wonder why you ever questioned the takeover. Our owners took a complete interest in our history and tradition, I imagine the same will be done with your club. Everything that will be done for your club will be in your best interest, I have no doubt about that. You your club was run by idiots, then fear not, because the new guys will be the complete opposite.

Of course there will be some things you won't be happy with, but overall you will see why it's the best thing that could have happened.

I would suggest if and when Heart improve their level of performance and start climbing the table which can only be a more distinct possibility now as a result of this buyout that all Heart fans won't be too fussed about the name change and the colour change.

Our owners like any astute business operator know the importance of branding.

Heart haven't been around too long though and don't have the history that would appease all fans to the point where they would walk away if their initial choice of colour was altered.

BLUE is the COLOUR for Man City always will be and that's the colour New York City and Melbourne City will play their home games in while some compromise on that will be made.

If out owners bought out Coca Cola which they wouldn't its partly due to the fact that Red is the colour associated with the label and its too engrained to change now.

What a buzz. Still on a high from all this news even after having a few hours sleep. I've read through these 25 pages with much excitement to peer over the fence.

Being a foundation member of MHFC, and being involved heavily with the club through the terrific active support Yarraside, making two-sticks, making apps for the club and the active support, I'm thoroughly grateful that we have new owners. As such a fanatical fan, it's been a painful 4 years.

The one thing that I'm most excited about this is that Heart to date have really been innovative from creating fan-based 3rd strips, the best community grass-roots engagement, fan engagement activities. Finally, someone who can financially back these initiatives; the biggest win in my opinion.

Some innovations
* Season 4: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-Heart-FC-reveals-unique-Third-Kit/80497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/mel ... -Kit/80497</a>
* Season 3: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Heart-set-to-launch-unprecedented-digital-initiative/60089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/mel ... tive/60089</a>
* Playing FIFA14 on Big screen on game day
* <a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/a-league-first-as-heartzone-wifi-platform-launched/77179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/new ... ched/77179</a>

What I'd love to see is:
* City buy out AAMI park (which is expandable btw beyond the 30K capacity) and kick out Victory.
* Heart become Melbourne City FC, Melbourne City Heart (MCHFC) (giving a geographic point of difference)
* Heart keep the current home strip and adopt a sky-blue stripe equivalent as connection to City (or sky-blue and red stripes)
* Continue with the fan engagement
* Continue with grass-roots clinics

Yaya_Tony said:

Personally I don't see a colour change happening as Sydney fc already play in sky blue and I can't see Soriano and co wanting to piss a section of an already small fanbase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.