Melbourne City FC Thread

I've been following Heart/City for 9 seasons. I have probably missed a dozen home games over the years but would have watched all I reackon.

Friday night was close to the worst ever home performance. Even in the dark Aloisi era when we didn't win a game for 20 something weeks we didn't play so poorly.

On paper we have arguably the best and balanced list we have ever assembled, maybe with the exception of a backup striker but nevertheless we have a really deep squad of A League quality players.

Of field we have been engaging with the community and really connecting and in a very saturated market keeping our head afloat. Most home games we get around 10k turning up. On Friday it was over 12k. The club had ran a promotion with McDonald's and had given away heaps of free tickets and the GA end was full mostly first timers.

Then we dish up that! At 75 minutes the GA that was full was close to half. Those that came more than likely won't return.

If ever there was a statement of 1 step forwards 10 back that was Friday. We are in a bad state next Friday can't come soon enough.

We are back at again tonight (a few hours) at home to Wellington.

Really not sure what to expect.

The performances on the field have really been holding back the growth of the club off it.

There have been some excellent players and good performances. But too flaky, and all too often a run of good performances is followed by an absolute shitshow.

It's a shame cause when we get it right we'll have a product Melburnians will really take to. We just seem to have been treading water for the last year or so though.

Pretty blatant penalty missed by the ref and VAR down one end, Brisbane go down the other end an score.

Currently 1-0 down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.