Melbourne City FC Thread

Re: MCFC buy Melbourne Heart FC (merged)

Gday from Oz,
When I woke up this morning I had to double check the news this is massive for us.
Its great to hear all the positive comments from people that have already come over and had a look at mhfcsupporters.
Looking forward to sharing some exciting new changes in the weeks and months ahead.
Love to keep our colours though.

Good times for me, Hearts won our first game of the season, the club finally got sold and were having kid no 2 today.

Come on you hearts

So this is how it feels to be the number 1 side in melbourne, gone from being the laughing stock in melbourne to the largest most financially stable club overnight.
Welcome to our Hearts Fc

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I'm not sure why we'd call them Melbourne City, as we'd have 2 MCFC's and that leads to the potential for Brand confusion.

So I don't know whether we'd change them to Melbourne City AFC, or Melbourne City Hearts, or maybe do what Hearts do and call them Heart of Melbourne City.
If MCFC causes a problem (although a perfect fit for "We never win at home, and we never win away..."), Heart of Melbourne City FC sounds good. They can keep Heart or Hearts (whatever they currently use) as the nickname anyway of course, as a nickname is an unofficial name.

The Red&White Still works :) , A pic of my boy earlier this year wearing both MHFC and MCFC Gear
NMMYkqmKCUYEXiCsasAHdOA-CH6MRdMKL8zJRakYpdc=w123-h207-p-no

Wow. It's really had to believe how big we are becoming. You just start to get used to it then something like this happens!

I'm liking the sound of Melbourne Heart being underdogs in their own City and having a reputation for languishing near the bottom of the league...hmm, where have I heard that one before!?

A bit of advice for Heart fans, supporters of other teams in your league will undoubtedly start to spout rubbish about your new owners such as "They're not in it for the long haul", "They'll just be a feeder team for Man City" etc this is just jealously on their behalf, don't believe one word of it.

Your new owner Sheikh Mansour is the cream of the crop. He and the rest of his advisors Mr Khaldoon, Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begerstrain have helped transform Man City into one of Europe's powerhouses. Six or so years ago we were faced with administration which ultimately could have resulted in relegation but through some divine miracle we were saved and taken over by a mysterious consortium called ADUG...and the rest they say is history.

To our friends in Oz - fasten your seat belts it's going to be a bumpy, but thoroughly enjoyable ride!

Hi Guys

Another Melbourne Heart member wanting to thank you for the purchase of our club. From what I've read across the Bluemoon and Heart forums, I'm comfortable that the future will be great for Heart (or whatever we name we adopt in the future) as it seems that with Manchester City, we'll be in good hands.

As a long suffering Sunderland supporter (my wife was born there), I had a great day yesterday watching us beat that other Manchester mob (who I can't stand) and then to find that Melbourne Heart had been sold to a great EPL club like Man City. I've now got a second EPL team to support, although it's through the connection with Heart. I guess most of you will have discovered by now that we're the second team in Melbourne to Victory who have always rubbed our faces in it that we're not as big or well supported as them. That's one of the reasons I follow Heart as I can't stand their arrogant and ignorant supporters.

Although there's hasn't been any official announcements beyond the purchase, there's been much discussion across the forums about name and colours. I'm happy for a name change to Melbourne City, but wouldn't like our red and white to disappear. I know that may not sit well with City fans, but as others have said, sky blue is associated with New South Wales and Sydney FC.

I'm a Richmond supporter in the AFL (yellow and black), but I don't support any other clubs with similar colours i.e. Hull City or Wellington Phoenix. The AFL Sydney team is red and white but that doesn't worry me as they retain that from their old South Melbourne days before relocation.

Anyway, hoping to enjoy the roller coaster ride that I've been reading about and enjoy the rest of Heart's season. Also looking forward to seeing Man City if they come to Australia this year.

BTW, for those that asked about playing in summer, it's unbelievably hot some weeks with temperatures in the mid 30s.

RFC56 said:
Hi Guys

Another Melbourne Heart member wanting to thank you for the purchase of our club. From what I've read across the Bluemoon and Heart forums, I'm comfortable that the future will be great for Heart (or whatever we name we adopt in the future) as it seems that with Manchester City, we'll be in good hands.

As a long suffering Sunderland supporter (my wife was born there), I had a great day yesterday watching us beat that other Manchester mob (who I can't stand) and then to find that Melbourne Heart had been sold to a great EPL club like Man City. I've now got a second EPL team to support, although it's through the connection with Heart. I guess most of you will have discovered by now that we're the second team in Melbourne to Victory who have always rubbed our faces in it that we're not as big or well supported as them. That's one of the reasons I follow Heart as I can't stand their arrogant and ignorant supporters.

Although there's hasn't been any official announcements beyond the purchase, there's been much discussion across the forums about name and colours. I'm happy for a name change to Melbourne City, but wouldn't like our red and white to disappear. I know that may not sit well with City fans, but as others have said, sky blue is associated with New South Wales and Sydney FC.

I'm a Richmond supporter in the AFL (yellow and black), but I don't support any other clubs with similar colours i.e. Hull City or Wellington Phoenix. The AFL Sydney team is red and white but that doesn't worry me as they retain that from their old South Melbourne days before relocation.

Anyway, hoping to enjoy the roller coaster ride that I've been reading about and enjoy the rest of Heart's season. Also looking forward to seeing Man City if they come to Australia this year.

BTW, for those that asked about playing in summer, it's unbelievably hot some weeks with temperatures in the mid 30s.

Welcome aboard.

I live in Melbourne but I think you are being a tad easy on the temperature side of things with due respect.

More closer to mid forties of late and we often get well over 35 for a number of days when Heart are playing.

Same applies to Perth and Adelaide for those in England who may not know how hot is actually gets in Melbourne in the summer and its only going to get hotter on average in the summer with climate change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.