Memories of childrens TV

Happy birthday kenster.
I think you will find most childrens TV makers from that era were on drugs, as well as Mr Benn & The Clangers I give you The Magic Ringing Tree, Finger Bobbs, The magic Roundabout & The flowerpot Mens best freind was called Weed!

Any of the Cosgrove Hall ones

Count Duckula
Cockleshell Bay
The Wind in the Willows
Jamie and the Magic Torch

And my favourite ever

10061057.jpg

Clangers were great, only beaten by Rhoobarb, which I believe was made in Hulme

Magic ringing tree was called The Singing Ringing Tree made in Eastern Europe

I really liked the Oliver Postgate stuff: Ivor the Engine, Noggin the Nog, Pogles Wood - top stuff. Of course, a special mention has to be given to the mighty Captain Pugwash.

I have bought some dvd's for my youngest and he loves Mr Benn, Tom and Jerry (Fred Quimby -oh er missus ones are the best made) and he can't get enough of Wacky Races.......we now do what I did with my bro and try to guess which of the cars will win the race. Anyone else do this? My crew of choice usually was the Arkansas Chugaboom.

Useless fact of the day. Bad Manners (yes he of Buster Bloodvessel fame) did a cover of Ivor the Engine as a b-side to one of his singles (Special Brew). Saw him live once and the place went mental when he did Ivor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.