memories of my first derby

My first derby was the biggest game we had for a long time. It was 1972 and we were going for the league.

It was as big as the derby last season. We had 4 games left , utd away , 2 relegation teams and then derby at home.

We beat utd which made my night big time it was my first away game as well!

Can you imagine the chat home on the 53 . All we got to do now is beat 2 shit teams and then it's derby at home for the title.

1 fuckin point against the 2 shit teams.

Lost the title but it was fuckin great beating the rags 3-1 that night!

November 15th 1969 and i found it on youtube!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHaq-27Ugn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHaq-27Ugn0</a>

With my mate Noel Hurley when we both lived in Wythenshawe at the front of the Kippax.12 years of age,chewing stimrol chewing gum[anyone remember that?]

I remember Franny Lee scoring as the ref blew his whistle at half time and no one knew whether it was 1-0 or 2-0 [ there was no mobiles and instant scores in those days,or local radio stations.] We shouted and shouted at the linesman to tell us if it was 1-0 or 2-0 in the second half, until he eventually said,''1-0!'' and we were gutted,until we went on to batter them.

I remember queuing up for hours for the match ticket the week before on a Sunday, with my tokens stuck onto the token sheet you used to get in the first programme of the season,fighting off the older lads trying to buy the token sheet of me and scared they would nick it!

Happy glorious days!!

1963 at Maine rd. Relgation battle, winning 1- 0 with minutes to, ball loose in City's six yard box and Harry dives in bravely to gather it when Denis Law blatantly kicks him. Harry's not having that and whips Law's legs away. Penner, Herd (I think) and its 1-1. Down we went. Best thing that's ever happened to us as it eventually led to Genial Joe and Big Mal.

Lost 1-0 at Maine road. Beckham free kick. Was a great atmosphere. I absolutely love Derbyshire. The 3-1 at Maine road was unbelievable. When Anelka scored the first I hadn't seen anything like it before.

PD said:
1963 at Maine rd. Relgation battle, winning 1- 0 with minutes to, ball loose in City's six yard box and Harry dives in bravely to gather it when Denis Law blatantly kicks him. Harry's not having that and whips Law's legs away. Penner, Herd (I think) and its 1-1. Down we went. Best thing that's ever happened to us as it eventually led to Genial Joe and Big Mal.

Possibly Albert Quixall pen.

1963 at o.t won 3-2 AlexHarley scored the winner near to full time.
Only seen two derbies there since then,the last a 3-0 FA Cup defeat in 1970.
Said to my mate on way home "Last time i set foot in that shithole"and it was.

give & go said:
droylsdenblue said:
1966/7 at old trafford , they won 1-0 and Law scored.
My first proper derby , was in united road with bro and mates all with city scarves on.
Missed the home game that season my cousins wedding , lost 1-2
Went to city v united friendly with my dad stood yes stood in platt lane , well sat on barrier , was early sixties .
Also was my first 66/67 at ot,the home game that seson was 1-1 stiles og.the 1-2 was 67/68.

xgorton said:
give & go said:
droylsdenblue said:
1966/7 at old trafford , they won 1-0 and Law scored.
My first proper derby , was in united road with bro and mates all with city scarves on.
Missed the home game that season my cousins wedding , lost 1-2
Went to city v united friendly with my dad stood yes stood in platt lane , well sat on barrier , was early sixties .
Also was my first 66/67 at ot,the home game that seson was 1-1 stiles og.the 1-2 was 67/68.
Correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.