Memories of the Pink Final

awest

Mine:

Waiting at the newsagents for it to be delivered so i could read it from cover to cover.

I only got 1 letter published in the postbag. If i remember correctly the best letter won £10.

in the social club after a game at maine road and the guy with the long hair came in with them at about 6 o clock , you used to get the racing results and half a match report! happy days bring it back!

sharpy51 said:
delivering it

Same here, get back from maine rd with my old man, nip round the corner shop with my bag n pick up 30 odd copies, checking all the other results as im doing my round, 30p a chuck i think they were at the time, the tips used to buy me halves on a crate of 24 dumpy bottles of nordic pills for the park on a saturday night.

My Uncle used to take me to City when I was a kid , and he`d book the coach to Maine Road from a newsagent in Duky . When we got back we used to hang around outside waiting for the Pink . Read it cover to cover back at my nans waiting for my dad to pick me up . Loved it .

Great paper and I never used to miss a copy as a kid. I would run straight to the newsagents at 6pm religiously every Sat Night. What a shame it has gone. If I remember rightly it come back on the scene about 10 years ago but was sold on a Sunday instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.