Mental Attitude - no room for strollers

craigsteel

At present this seems weak compared to last year, Very distressing how the midfield three(Nasri/Yaya/Silva) in particular are not giving 100 per cent, the coasting to chase back must stop now boys, It has cost us before so raise it. The good thing is with the return of Barry and the new guy from Benfica, will increase competition for places and certain people better start doing it.

I expect tougher game at Stoke and I dont want ANY passengers

Distressing? Really? Come on man. 2 for 2 at home, a point at Anfield. It's a little early to be exposing the gaping flaws after three games.

craigsteel said:
At present this seems weak compared to last year, Very distressing how the midfield three(Nasri/Yaya/Silva) in particular are not giving 100 per cent, the coasting to chase back must stop now boys, It has cost us before so raise it. The good thing is with the return of Barry and the new guy from Benfica, will increase competition for places and certain people better start doing it.

Driving there on your own then ?

blue_nathan said:
personally, I think Nasri has done well for us up to now

Agree, I've commented already this season on how much harder he's working than last season, he seems much more willing to do the dirty work and get stuck in.

Yaya always tires towards the end of matches and doesn't track back, so for me if we've only got a one goal lead you can't afford to have Yaya as one of your two midfielders because yesterday we effectively ended up with just Rodwell in the middle as QPR broke. Nasri at one point yesterday was 15 yards further up the pitch than Yaya when we lost the ball but beat him back to defence by 10 yards.

Silva's been poor from the start of the season to be honest, not sure whether it's an attitude problem or whether I just expect too much from him but I've never seen him lose possession so much or miss place so many passes. Slightly concerning.

Hopefully our new signings can put some pressure on them to perform 100 per cent or they will be on the bench for a couple of games.

kenzie115 said:
blue_nathan said:

Agree, I've commented already this season on how much harder he's working than last season, he seems much more willing to do the dirty work and get stuck in.

Yaya always tires towards the end of matches and doesn't track back, so for me if we've only got a one goal lead you can't afford to have Yaya as one of your two midfielders because yesterday we effectively ended up with just Rodwell in the middle as QPR broke. Nasri at one point yesterday was 15 yards further up the pitch than Yaya when we lost the ball but beat him back to defence by 10 yards.

Silva's been poor from the start of the season to be honest, not sure whether it's an attitude problem or whether I just expect too much from him but I've never seen him lose possession so much or miss place so many passes. Slightly concerning.
Agree with your points on Silva. I think it might be the old story of opposition teams sussing him out,he doesn't have the room to think any more.As soon as he gets the ball the two biggest players on the other team just crowd him out or foul him.Also his attitude seems to have changed,looks ratty all the time,never seems to smile much these days.

80s Shorts said:
craigsteel said:

Driving there on your own then ?
Would you travel with him?

dobingsdobber said:
kenzie115 said:
blue_nathan said:

Agree with your points on Silva. I think it might be the old story of opposition teams sussing him out,he doesn't have the room to think any more.As soon as he gets the ball the two biggest players on the other team just crowd him out or foul him.Also his attitude seems to have changed,looks ratty all the time,never seems to smile much these days.

i just think he,s not as fresh a s he,d like to be after competing all the way to the finals in the euro,s. and by all accounts , not having much of a break in the last three seasons.

i don,t think close man marking is anything new to silva, it won,t be affecting him unduly-it could be a while before he hits top form-Bobby is aware of this i think , which is why he is reducing his game time at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.