Mental Health Support Thread

Struggling majorly now. I think it’s the sheer boredom plus inability to sleep long periods. Hospitals are surely not nice places to be.

I’m in a ward of four and can’t form any camaraderie with the others because they’re in and out in just a few nights.

Completely restless. No energy.
For being places designed for recovery, hospitals can sometimes be pretty terrible places for recovery. The boredom, the difficulty sleeping, the seeming lack of agency as you are confined to your bed, and the constant poking, prodding, and interrogation from an endless parade of carers.

Still, it largely beats the alternatives! And it is usually only temporary.

It sounds like you are on the path to being able to go home soon, so just have to focus on that.

Easier said than done, of course. Maybe ask if they have any unsolved crosswords?

Last night I finally slept almost through. Getting up just once to go to the toilet. The latter being expected given what I’ve been put through physically. I’m still utterly shattered but mentally refreshed.

My aim is to be watching Wales v Poland at home on Tuesday. I have a ticket but clearly won’t be going.

Last night I finally slept almost through. Getting up just once to go to the toilet. The latter being expected given what I’ve been put through physically. I’m still utterly shattered but mentally refreshed.

My aim is to be watching Wales v Poland at home on Tuesday. I have a ticket but clearly won’t be going.

Sounds like you've come a long way in a few days from when you were having to click the morphine like billyo. Have no strong feelings about the Wales v Poland match other than I really hope you are able to watch the game at home.

Sounds like you've come a long way in a few days from when you were having to click the morphine like billyo. Have no strong feelings about the Wales v Poland match other than I really hope you are able to watch the game at home.
It was every six minutes at one point plus high pressure air to help me breathe more easily.

I think qualifying is less of a novelty than it was in 2016 etc. Finland were poor but I’m expecting a tougher test from Poland.

Has anyone visited and brought you your bucket hat :-)

I’m in Arrowe Park, Wirral so I don’t expect Bluemoon visits. I’m going to work on my physical recovery and aim to get out Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.