Mental Health Support Thread

I hit low point Saturday (my birthday). I'd nothing left to give. Sat with him from about 1 to 5 then went home for the game. Had few beers opened some gin and a few with some music on after football. Sunday didn't move just sat in sofa mentally and physically exhausted. He has pneumonia and a urine infection. Now on a ward.

We had to cancel weekend away for my birthday so went with partner for a walk in countryside on Monday and stopped off a country pub for some food. I'm refreshed and recharged again after couple days break not doing much and not going to work.

I'd spent all day on the Sunday with him (about 9 in morning to about 7) after he fell. Weds (4am) got call he'd fallen again so went over there (only few mins away ) and stayed with him until about 7 in evening (worked from there). Then Thursday on works night out got message he'd been rushed in and went straight to A&E sitting with him until about 4 or 5 in morning. Home bed, woke about 8, showered breakfast and went back to hospital. Sat with him until about 7. Home, ate and bed again. Thanks for asking but as I say things looking little better.
I am glad things are looking better and you were able to push past that low point. Good to have your partner to help you through those troughs.

And happy (belated) birthday! Mine was a few weeks ago and I know how difficult they can be when you are in a down period—you feel like there isn’t much reason to celebrate. But there always are things to be thankful for and, from my and many other people’s perspective, your being around for many more cycles round the sun is something for us to celebrate!

Reactions: ob
Stay strong blue. We can help each other. I've just had to tell my daughter, my mum's got cancer. I am in bits but it happens. The stats are stacked against some people. My wife committed suicide 2 weeks before Xmas. We were estranged but my step sons needed my help big time . Pm me if you want to talk . I might need it more than you
Thanks pal.
Lost my dad in December then a.few days later someone I heavily rely on for support had a stroke. She's only.just come out of hospital yesterday.

Thanks pal.
Lost my dad in December then a.few days later someone I heavily rely on for support had a stroke. She's only.just come out of hospital yesterday.
Hopefully you can both now rely on each other. All the best ,as they say a problem halved . I live in Wythenshawe and I will meet anybody any time any place. If it helps myself or others . If its for beer or coffee. Don't hesitate to reach out .

In the last 30 days or so, my Mum died who I looked after for 20 years, I've got to find somewhere else to live and my long term relationship has very possibly broken down which means after rebuilding for a second time then I might be broke and serving Big Macs soon.

They say it comes in threes. Wish it didn't lads.

Can only wish the very best for you pal and my deepest sympathy for the loss of your mum.

I am glad things are looking better and you were able to push past that low point. Good to have your partner to help you through those troughs.

And happy (belated) birthday! Mine was a few weeks ago and I know how difficult they can be when you are in a down period—you feel like there isn’t much reason to celebrate. But there always are things to be thankful for and, from my and many other people’s perspective, your being around for many more cycles round the sun is something for us to celebrate!
Thanks so much mate. Sitting on Saturday/Sunday thinking about the previous 3 days (especially the time spent in A&E) and reading this and few other threads on here that there are always people worse off than me.

In the last 30 days or so, my Mum died who I looked after for 20 years, I've got to find somewhere else to live and my long term relationship has very possibly broken down which means after rebuilding for a second time then I might be broke and serving Big Macs soon.

That sounds horrific.
So sorry for your loss; coupled with the other shite it's unimaginable really.
If you need any help/signposting then just pm me. Can't promise to solve all your issues but I might be able to put you in contact with organisations that can.
Although you have always been very clever and might know all that stuff anyway ;-)

Thanks so much mate. Sitting on Saturday/Sunday thinking about the previous 3 days (especially the time spent in A&E) and reading this and few other threads on here that there are always people worse off than me.
And people that care about you and want the best for you!

I don't know much about you personally, but you've always come across as fair, well-rounded and with a shit-ton of knowledge most of us could wish we could possess.

I'm of the opinion that if anyone can turn things around a third time it'll be you. So whatever benefit my meagre, pointless words can add, i'm certain there are plenty more Blues on here who are rooting for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.