Merchandise and Marketing

fbloke said:
City's model will mean shared retails space (where City create larger turnover) or stand alone stores (such as Abu Dhabi) rather than licensing deals.

The rationale is to maintain the exclusivity and complete control over these things as well as a brand awareness.

It may seem silly to say this but its a bit like the way Apple have done things.

The deal with Kitbag, as far as I can tell, has in it a requirement to open City stores across the globe.

Perhaps marcspurs could also confirm the rumour I heard last year that we might see Umbro stores on the high street as well?

I have not heard the last part of your post but would not be surprised....

They still have many licensing deals in place (my company has just agreed one for our products).... but they will only grant licences at the moment to new/unusual products, items that add to the Man City brand and image.....

It has taken the best part of 9 months the get this agreed, we lost 3 months due to the Kitbag deal which happened halfway through our licence negotiations, but it's still taken a lot longer than similar deals we have with Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Wembley, Stoke, Derby, Leicester and others......

Fernster said:
Is the club marketing machine working?

The reason why I ask is because I live in Durham and the only way I can buy anything City related is via the online store.

I can buy scum, dippers, arse, chelski in fact most other teams stuff but no City Gear?

Why? We are surely missing a trick here in revenue!!

When things have picked up in the silverwear dept. I'm pretty sure you'll see much more City stuff around. We haven't picked up the glory hunters yet - which is understandable seeing as we haven't had any yet!

I suspect the dippers stuff will start to be replaced by City over the next few years. We'll never knock the rags off top spot when it comes to popularity - but who cares?

The funny thing about this is the fact that there are countless digs from some City fans aimed at the rags for their national support and the fact that every town and city has some numpty in a utd shirt. Yet here we are asking why we haven't got shirts in a shop 150 miles from the ground ;-)

I prefer the fact that shirts are only available via the club, it means less plastics who don't know their Lee Crooks from their Tony Book are less likely to show us up with their embarassing lack of knowledge of our club. How many people do you see in Sky 4 shirts who don't even know who they're playing next?

citykev28 said:
i'm in hull and can go to sports direct and get everton stuff but not city. i agree with the op, city are missing a trick here.

Thirded
I was in Belfast last summer where there are many city fans.
I was in a sports shop and an assitant told me that they often get asked for city shirts by punters but can't supply them becuse of this stupid club decision.
I also saw fake city shrts for sale in Marrocco last year. We defo are missing a trick here.

Dandelion said:
There are no shops anywhere else because all City fans come from and live in Manchester.

Could do a trade in some other parts
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197047</a>

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.