Mercury Prize

i've listened and red the (good) reviews of 'the xx', but i still don't get it

perhaps i should buy the album.

The xx are genuinely the worst thing I have ever heard. Completely devoid of a single worthy attribute. I'd like to, but simply cannot successfully put into words how bad they are.

Emperors new clothes.

Don't know if I'd go that far Reni, but I don't think they deserved to win it, as their album is ok. All the songs sound very similar, but their sound is pretty good.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 pm --<br /><br />Don't know if I'd go that far Reni, but I don't think they deserved to win it, as their album is ok. All the songs sound very similar, but their sound is pretty good.

Isnt the Mercury Prize the graveyard for most winners or am I wrong. What happen to the winner last year Speech Debelle? Also M People won it 1 year and your one Ms Dynamite. Saying that there has been some class winners in the past as well.

Clubber said:
Don't know if I'd go that far Reni, but I don't think they deserved to win it, as their album is ok. All the songs sound very similar, but their sound is pretty good.

-- Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:35 pm --

Don't know if I'd go that far Reni, but I don't think they deserved to win it, as their album is ok. All the songs sound very similar, but their sound is pretty good.

None of them can actually play their instruments! Have our standards really dropped so low?! All of their 'songs' sound the same because they haven't got any songwriting ability and so peddle the same 'idea' over and over again. Utter charlatans.
I have a friend who likes this band and I've honestly considered telling them I can't be friends with them any more as I've lost all respect for them.

I think The XX album is a worthy winner, it's a beautifully spatial and atmospheric album.
I like the Wild Beasts, Kloot, Foals and Mumford albums too, but overall, the judges got it right.

I had that album on in my car for over 2 months at the start of the year and I still love it. Well done The XX.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.