Meteorite! (merged)

Ragnarok said:
XxRachXx said:
as if i missed this :(

Dont worry, the aliens will make a speech on December 21, outlining the reasons why they are starting a breeding program with the earth females. They might even be doping females right now with the required compounds in order to sustain an alien birth. They will also kill all human males , i assume.

well least ill survive ... good luck ;)

XxRachXx said:
Ragnarok said:
XxRachXx said:
as if i missed this :(

Dont worry, the aliens will make a speech on December 21, outlining the reasons why they are starting a breeding program with the earth females. They might even be doping females right now with the required compounds in order to sustain an alien birth. They will also kill all human males , i assume.

Who said i was human ;)

Ragnarok said:
XxRachXx said:
Ragnarok said:

Who said i was human ;)

oh shit yeah .. make sure you save me !!! im no use dead :)

digbythebiggestdogintheworld said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHYjzQTavI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wDkFZuuuck[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmtw_WtkPdc[/youtube]

Ha ha that middle one is my daughter saying "what on earth!". Must congratulate her on not saying what the f***

Just had call from a mate who lives near 'boro.. "Something" has left a crater on the beach near his house. Military and police all over, not allowing bbc and itv news crews get their cameras out. Looks like they have taken something away on a low-loader.
The invasion has begun.....

sickboyblue said:
Just had call from a mate who lives near 'boro.. "Something" has left a crater on the beach near his house. Military and police all over, not allowing bbc and itv news crews get their cameras out. Looks like they have taken something away on a low-loader.
The invasion has begun.....

I've always thought that if an alien invasion were to happen, they'd start in Boro. Easier to blend in.

Re: Meteorite!!!!!!!(merged)

The Ox said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
cleavers said:
Big ones normally make the news, this one sounds bigger than most we see.

I stand corrected, it appears they are running it as a story. If it were only in Cheshire then that probably wouldn't have been the case, but it appears to have been seen everywhere.

Must be quite exceptionally big for so many people to have seen it.
Surprisingly something of this magnitude wasn't predicted, I was under the impression that these type of showers can be predicted ? Is it possible to work out how fast they must have been travelling using a timeline from the North down to the South ? I only ask because it seems you have a keen interest in such things. Many thanks :)

Sorry I'm a bit late to see this. The thing is it wasn't a 'shower' so to speak, it was just one meteor that had broken up in the atmosphere, making it much more difficult to spot.

Isolated meteors are sometimes spotted but it's difficult to keep an eye on every part of the sky because as I said before they are everywhere and they impact all the time.

As for working out how fast they are travelling, with a professional observatory, yes it's possible to track them and figure that out. You could also make an estimate from eye witnesses to track it from north to south as you say but I doubt it would be very accurate and worth the time to investigate it. Observatories tend to be too concerned with things further away so I doubt any of them spotted this one. I know that Jodrell Bank, for example, can take anything up to about 30 minutes to reposition its dish, so by the time it found it, it would be gone (it's a radio telescope anyway so would be unlikely to look at meteors). The problem you have is it's difficult to judge how high up in the sky it is and how far away you are from it, so things that are far away appear to move much more slowly.

Reports suggesting it could be space junk, i.e satellite pieces ( or alien craft ) as opposed to rocks.

Ragnarok said:
Reports suggesting it could be space junk, i.e satellite pieces ( or alien craft ) as opposed to rocks.

Yes I have seen that as well as Nasa have admitted aiming at Middlesboro because it would do the least damage when it crashed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.