Metro Tram stop at COMS - Etihad

I want to know how the service will operate after a match. The Stadium stop has "sheep pens" to control passengers but the Asda stop does not.

I am in block 212 and the Asda stop is therefore nearer but will trams stop there on their way back to town after a game because without a queuing system there will be a free for all.

As I have stated in a previous post e-mails to TFGM have brought about a zero response.

I suspect knowing the way the Metrolink operates the whole thing will be a great big cock-up.

Gray said:
I want to know how the service will operate after a match. The Stadium stop has "sheep pens" to control passengers but the Asda stop does not.

I am in block 212 and the Asda stop is therefore nearer but will trams stop there on their way back to town after a game because without a queuing system there will be a free for all.

As I have stated in a previous post e-mails to TFGM have brought about a zero response.

I suspect knowing the way the Metrolink operates the whole thing will be a great big cock-up.

They won't stop there after the game.

Stand outside Old Trafford Tram Station at 5pm match day. It will give you a rough idea what the Etihad stop will be like.

What sort of horses will be used to pull us all along? And will Mario have matured by the launch date?

How many will be waiting at full time? 3? So that's 750 out of the way towards piccadilly straight away, then another 250 every 6 mins and that's just one side of the platform.

I won't be using them but i can't wait ill its in action, means less people on the roads.

Think I'm still going to use the Ashbury's train as more convenient for me.

Only reason I may use it is to pick stuff up from the Snipe/go Cinema after the game.

Wonder how long it will be before someone says ''I'm leaving early so I can get the tram....''

I recall going to see New Order at the Move Festival (2002) at the cricket ground and the queue to get Manchester bound trams was mad, but just a handful on the Sale / Alty bound line so i went onto the Alty bound side, caught the tram and got off at Stretford, nipped over to the otherside and caught the first tram heading back into town, with a nice seat, as the tram pulled into Old Trafford and was then rammed. It didn't even stop at Trafford Bar!

Like all forms of public transport these days, it will be overpriced, overcrowded, and uncomfortable.

It will probably be quicker and less stressful to walk back into town. Most of us walk back anyway, so I can't see that changing. Why wait half an hour to get squeezed into a carriage, when you could have walked back in less time?

Just my opinion, but I won't be using it.

I've used the underground many times when we've played London sides, the queues are massive but trains are frequent so the queues move very quickly, all down to how good the service is after the match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.