Metrolink next season

last home game Of the season I went to sale to get the tram in. Unbelievably they had decided on this of all days to close down the track for testing of points. The representative they provided at the station was at a loss to explain why they had done this on such an important day. He couldn't even tell me when the trams where likely to restart, Just "sometime after 1pm, I have heard. But don't quote me on that as I'm not sure ". He was sure however that the replacement bus would be a better option as it went to Dane road and then onto Chester road and then straight into town. Wrong. It went to every single station on the line upto cornbrook first. I have defended metro link previously, but this was Utterly shambolic. Wasted a good 45 minutes of time I should have spent with my mates I town because of it .

bluwes said:
BlueAnorak said:
Metrolink is complete and utter shite for travel to City games. The Tyne & Wear Metro and Sheffield SuperTram networks are far superior in terms of event management.
Hahaha. thats the biggest load of tripe I have read on here, and I have read some sh*te. Supertram my arse

I didn't say they were good! Just far superior!

There is a HUGE difference between providing a service fit for purpose and one not fir for purpose.
ON MATCH DAYS EVERY YELLOW TRAM THAT GOES TO PICCADILLY SHOULD GO TO ETIHAD FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER A GAME (Two & half hours on Trophy Presentation days).
5 double unit trams should be held on turn around spur as well for the rush leaving the ground as well.

are these still available?

also it states "travel between any Metrolink station and the Etihad Campus" on a matchday. so can you use it say to get from town to south manc, and then from south manc to eastlands, or can you only use it going towards the ground before the game?

If you look at successful MTR systems supporting major sporting arenas, like dare say wembley, and the alliance arena, there are sidings holding trains that can shuttle between the stadium and the centre. Given the space on the collar sight and the hinterland, it has to become a priority to build in such capacity, otherwise the metrolink will remain an unreliable waste of time.

BlueAnorak said:
Metrolink is complete and utter shite for travel to City games. The Tyne & Wear Metro and Sheffield SuperTram networks are far superior in terms of event management.
I went to an event at the Sheffield Arena a few months ago. The organisation was exemplary and put the Metrolink to shame. I counted at least 5 trams coming from Sheffield city centre and backing up only a few hundred yards down the line to ferry everybody back into the city centre. The experience just proved to me that Metrolink is indeed shite and a monumental waste of money. The expansion has already costa a £1 billion yet ticket revenue (not profit) is only £44 million a year. It will be my children who have to foot the cost and I for one am not comfortable with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.