Micah back for England

Tony Adcock said:
Blue specs off for a while - On what grounds should AJ get picked for England.

Maybe i am missing something, but he has done nothing in the last 3 months to warrant a call up from what i have seen.

Maybe it just shows how little real quality England have at present ?

A lot more than fucking Downing. I do not understand what any manger sees in this tool. Hes played something like 20 PL games with 0 goals and 0 assits and I bet he starts!

bluedacris said:
Tony Adcock said:

Maybe i am missing something, but he has done nothing in the last 3 months to warrant a call up from what i have seen.

A lot more than fucking Downing. I do not understand what any manger sees in this tool. Hes played something like 20 PL games with 0 goals and 0 assits and I bet he starts!

correct, downing is dogshit.
i went to reserve game yonks ago, downing was playing for boro on his way back from injury, on the other side was a scrawny kid called johnson, he looked miles better even then.

glad he's ours.

de niro said:
bluedacris said:
Tony Adcock said:

correct, downing is dogshit.
i went to reserve game yonks ago, downing was playing for boro on his way back from injury, on the other side was a scrawny kid called johnson, he looked miles better even then.

glad he's ours.

Im glad too mate,I just dont get the criticism on here aimed at the lad by some..

CityTwang said:
I am delighted for Micah. Long, long, over due.

Just because he is in the squad, we shouldn't go thinking he'll even see the pitch. Like other's have said, as soon as Twitchy gets the job it will be lights out for Micah. He might play next week, but Pearcey could very well play Walker, Smalling or even Jones at rb ahead of Micah. I have seen bigger shocks.

I agree that you need some experience, hence Gerrard, Parker, Barry, etc.

But to not pick Oxlade-Chamberlain and not even consider Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair is disgraceful. Some even mentioned Grant Holt.

What a huge boost to these players it would have been to be picked, even for just this game. They would be thinking, I'm so close to being picked for the main squad now, I'll try even more to impress.

Sinclair especially has been fantastic this season.

Pearce has said that playing Chamberlain for 10 minutes wouldn't benefit no-one.

So how many minutes do we expect Walcott or Young to get?

Looking at the squad here's what I took away from it:

Cleverdonna has been picked because he plays for united.

The Old Guard looks to be getting phased out, no Rio or Lampard. Though I bet 'arry puts them back in.

Micah is finally getting the call up he deserves.

Shame about the clubs outside of the top six, players like Dyer at swansea may not get into the first 11 but have played really well this season, better than Downing at least.

A lot of this squad falls in line with what the media are saying "players to old"-got rid of them "why isn't Micah playing!"-put in the squad "United has the best young english players ever"-add them all.

I heard two interviews today. Lescott saying he d been Told he wasn't in the squad and the reasons why. He was fine with it saying he understood the reasons, came across really well.
Then PEarce came on defending his decision not to pick OXlade Chamberlainciting his lack of playing time this season and how he wouldn't benefit from a few minutes on the pitch.
He then went on to confirm that Zidane CLeverly was in the squad due to him being an ever present this season for Nited and he was in scintillating world beating form.
Then one of the journalists stole his stuffed horse and PEarce began to cry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.