Micah > jerome

Right back is a bit of a problem position for us. Boateng is a centre back, Richards is a liability defensively, Zabba can be a bit wreckless and clumsy. Overall, though none of them are outstanding candidates for right back, i think Zab probably looks the most comfortable there. I can see Lescott leaving for first team football, Boateng becoming the back-up centre back, and a PROPER right back being signed.

Boateng is twice the rb Micah is, but he is not a naturel rb, however lets give the lad a couple of months before judging him Silva needed that much time to shine.

I rate Boateng and think he will be a very good signing (possibly better at CB than RB but at least he's versatile) but if we want a true right-back we need look no further than Nige's mate, who is one of the best young right-backs in Europe. Gregory van der Wiel.

article-1281531-09BF210B000005DC-627_468x286.jpg

mansour's tow ropes said:
Micah needs to play at RB, or at least zabaleta when kolarov is fit.

Boateng looks completely lost at full back, standing off the player for ages sometimes or diving in and getting caught out.

And in terms of attacking, micah wins this all day long. With no real out-and-out ring midfielder/winger, we need the RB to be up and down that wing. Im sure micah has played a part in several of our goals this year. But boateng never runs down that wing, a couple of times last night silva was looking to the right (from the left) to play the ball, but boateng was nowhere to be seen, and micah would be there.

Boateng is not a full back, simple
as

I agree about Boateng standing off too much but he's certainly better than Micah with the ball at his feet. I'd have Zabba at full back though; he's good with the ball, he's not slow and he (somehow) seems to win every header he goes for.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Micah needs to play at RB, or at least zabaleta when kolarov is fit.

Boateng looks completely lost at full back, standing off the player for ages sometimes or diving in and getting caught out.

And in terms of attacking, micah wins this all day long. With no real out-and-out ring midfielder/winger, we need the RB to be up and down that wing. Im sure micah has played a part in several of our goals this year. But boateng never runs down that wing, a couple of times last night silva was looking to the right (from the left) to play the ball, but boateng was nowhere to be seen, and micah would be there.

Boateng is not a full back, simple
as

For fucks sake man, the lad's started about 3 games. He's a kid in a new league in a new country with great potential. My personal feeling is that he'll probably end up at centre half but it's far too early to say he isn't a decent right back. He started for Germany in the WC at left back so I don't see why he can't play on his tronger side at right back.

LoveCity said:
I rate Boateng and think he will be a very good signing (possibly better at CB than RB but at least he's versatile) but if we want a true right-back we need look no further than Nige's mate, who is one of the best young right-backs in Europe. Gregory van der Wiel.

article-1281531-09BF210B000005DC-627_468x286.jpg

I liked the look of Van Der Wiel in the World Cup.

That's a great picture of Nige.

Zabaleta > Micah

Boateng is not a full back. As much as he's filled in there in the last 12months for Hamburg, Germany and City he needs to switch to centre back and get Zaba in at RB! Boat is a decent defender, good in the air, good tackler, good positionally, but going forward he offers little!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.