Micah Richards - Reborn

Mattyc55

Apolagies if posted elsewhere, but I just want to make a topic of the form of Micah, who has been absolutely flawless in his past 4/5 games at right back. There was a time where I (and a lot of other blues) came to the point where we thought that his footballing brain/ability would be a huge detriment to his career at city in a top side. Obviously it could well be a premature topic until he does it regularly over the length of a season, but for a guy who often got a lot of stick, I think his performances are really winning over the fans; and so they should. If anyone watched barca at The Emirates on weds will recognise the importance that Alves has on that team, the width he provides them, always an option. He also has such good stamina that he can get back and do his defensive work - and that's exactly the width that Micah has provided us with recently. I'm not saying he's as technically as good as Alves, because that would be folly, but his game has REALLY come on over the past few months - credit to Bobby for that, who has always retained his faith in Micahs talent.

In our system, it is vital for our full backs to provide the width, especially considering how narrow our midfield can be at times; and he's been our best outlet since his return to the side. Long may his form continue, hopefully he'll get back in the England side, and go onto be the city legend that he's always dreamed he would become.

Premature? Maybe.
Optimistic? Undoubtably.

Much improved however he is still remarkably easily turned by wingers, doesn't stop enough crosses coming in.

Made up that he seems to be fighting to improve.

His little chat with Bert and improved displays give room for optimism. Bert hit the nail on the head, body on the pitch 90 mins but the head isn't. Only 22 plenty of time to sort him out, great goal, left footed suspect if Johnson keeps playing shit for England he might get a recall soon.

He has been playing well recently, maybe he's maturing? He's never going to be like Alves as he lacks the ball control, for some reason he reminds me more of Ramos.

without offending you OP its useless posting this because we will conceed a goal at some point this season that wasnt Richards fault but someone will jump on his back for misplacing a pass 37 minutes before, it snowballs and then suddenly everything City ever do wrong is his fault including the purchase od crocky

I know it sounds over the top but some people on here defy realism to the point where i feel like im in the twiglight zone some days

Micah is getting back to the form were we were all thinking he was going to be a brilliant defender when he broke into the team as a kid. Still a young lad he is making that right back spot his own. He is getting up and down the field well the crosses into the box are getting better as well. Dzeko should of scored from one pin point cross from him early in the game. If he keeps this up he will be the first name on the teamsheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.