Micah Richards the pundit

I find Richards to be a bellend Im afraid.

I do love how they always tease him about Zabaleta taking his spot at City - Zabba did that because
a) He was a better player
b) He was far more dedicated to his craft than Richards ever was
C) Zabba developed as a player, whereas Richards was basdically the same player at 25 as he was at 18
D) Zabba wasnt always injured
Zabba made the abslolute most of his limited potential.

Micah coasted on his early success and thought his physicality would keep him at the top.

Fans love seeing a player give their all and strain every sinew to be the best they can be.

Micah didn’t do this and as his body failed him, he got less and less relevant and decided to play the clown as a pundit.

I see that Kate Abdo is getting a lot of plaudits for saving Spitty's CBS job last night after what he did to her on Tuesday's show. Personally wish she went the other way and hung him out to dry.
The bit about her cheating on her boyfriend, yeah? Even if it's true, which isn't nice, blurting that out on live TV was a shitty thing to do.

Some people are waaaaaaay too touchy. Micah is a city legend and a really nice guy. He does defend city and he does know his football. Yes he's loud, yes he's seen as a joker, but for city fans to shit all over one of our own ex players for no deep rooted reason is really damning to some of our fanbase. Focus your hatred on the likes of Carragher, Neville and the TV executives who push the red shirt propaganda.

Weird how much he triggers some city fans. He’s very open about being an Arsenal fan who played for city and gets paid now to be an ambassador.

He on tv to be a jester, not a serious pundit.

Some people are waaaaaaay too touchy. Micah is a city legend and a really nice guy. He does defend city and he does know his football. Yes he's loud, yes he's seen as a joker, but for city fans to shit all over one of our own ex players for no deep rooted reason is really damning to some of our fanbase. Focus your hatred on the likes of Carragher, Neville and the TV executives who push the red shirt propaganda.
City legend is he?
We are well aware of Carragher and Neville - always have been - Hoped for better with him - sadly he's embarrassing and a woeful analyst..

Irrespective of his Arsenal and Leeds loyalties he’s a decent feller overall. Was a class act in the main when playing.

Think he’s been pretty balanced and positive about us since starting his role on telly. I think in years to come people will actually forget that he’s an ex-pro and will end up with his own show as a TV personality.

He plays up to the camera and acts like a village idiot but it brings in the wedge for him, who are we to judge. People taking their loyalties too seriously, he’s our only representative at that kind on level and exposure so long may it continue. I’m sure he has a soft spot for us and Arsenal whilst Leeds is his home town. Pretty unarsed about his loyalties iih. He has a smile on his face in the main and brings warmth and humour to a World of largely miserable bastards. Good luck to the lad.

City legend is he?
We are well aware of Carragher and Neville - always have been - Hoped for better with him - sadly he's embarrassing and a woeful analyst..
The word "legend" is thrown about way too much these days. Whatever anyone's personal views on Micah as a person and a pundit are, I doubt there's too many would put him in any list of City legends. The likes of Book, Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Merlin, Sergio, Vinnie, Zabba, Trautmann, Doyle, Mercer, Mancini; they could all lay claim to be "legends" at City. Micah? Sorry, but no. Decent player, but no way a legend.

The word "legend" is thrown about way too much these days. Whatever anyone's personal views on Micah as a person and a pundit are, I doubt there's too many would put him in any list of City legends. The likes of Book, Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Merlin, Sergio, Vinnie, Zabba, Trautmann, Doyle, Mercer, Mancini; they could all lay claim to be "legends" at City. Micah? Sorry, but no. Decent player, but no way a legend.
Same bracket as Nedum for me. Came through our youth setup, which people add loads of weight to, and had a decent City career before moving on and doing okay for themselves.

Everything he does is an over the top cringe.
Its a way of getting noticed I'm afraid. Just like his ridiculous laugh. He won't be known for his tactical analysis so he has to make up for it in other ways and like Roachy says he's there to be made fun of.

He’s as much a legend for us as Ralph Milne is for the red shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.