Micah Richards the pundit

Think he's got more of a future in the Ian Wright role tbh, laughing a lot, nice to everyone, generally being good fun to be around but probably not the guy to ask about serious tactical matters.
Especially full back positional play

As a City Academy player with a Premier League Winner's Medal, he obviously ticks all the boxes, and in fairness to the media, they appear to be delighted with his jovial, infectious Kris Akabusi-style of punditry.

He's almost the opposite of the sour faced Rio Ferdinand (who is actually quite informative when explaining a defender's technical error), but inevitably some City fans will eventually see this as a weakness, especially if we've suffered from a contentious refereeing decision.

My only personal irritation is that he seems to praise everyone when it's obvious that our standards have slipped this season.

Last edited:
Have to laugh at the dippers and rags going mad on Twitter about how biased he is. Keep it up Micah, you are living rent free as they say these days.

He’s full of clichés and lacks insight when talking about the game. He’s actually quite a poor pundit.

But he’s good fun and pro-City so at least that’s something.

Much as I love the guy I do think he needs to wind the bias down a bit and bring a bit of objectivity into his comments or else he will be off-air.
He is a very likeable and refreshing personality but I suspect he will become the target of much complaining by non City supporters and I would hate him to lose these gigs....

He’s full of clichés and lacks insight when talking about the game. He’s actually quite a poor pundit.

But he’s good fun and pro-City so at least that’s something.

Got to give him a chance to improve with experience though. Be some time before he reaches the dizzy heights of Shearer and Carragher and other knob heads I could mention.

He put that Dog bothering scruffy **** Keane in his pace on Sky! He will do for me!

Micah would destroy the bullshit hard man myth in a heartbeat if required I’m sure.

Getting former blues on TV is just a natural progression in line with our decade of success.

Wait until Vinny, Zab et al get on there......

Very likeable as ever but not exactly the greatest pundit in terms of tactics etc. Said something pretty daft yesterday early doors, along the lines of City are getting better and better with every game...I wish. Bobby Zamora was on Sky doing a game last week and I thought he was very good, much better than Micah. I’d like to see people’s views on him had he not played for City, had he been at Liverpool for example, I suspect they wouldn’t be quite as generous.

Got to give him a chance to improve with experience though. Be some time before he reaches the dizzy heights of Shearer and Carragher and other knob heads I could mention.
Indeed. But at times he doesn’t even end a sentence on the same topic he started it about, as he gets lost in the sea of clichés he talks in.

I quite like Shearer, by the way. Think he’s a very good pundit. A bit serious and boring, but good still.

Indeed. But at times he doesn’t even end a sentence on the same topic he started it about, as he gets lost in the sea of clichés he talks in.

I quite like Shearer, by the way. Think he’s a very good pundit. A bit serious and boring, but good still.

ha ha about Micah m8, but he will learn in time if they give him the chance. We desperately need friends in the punditry ranks. The ones out there at the moment are hostile and slaughter verbally on a regular basis and its not good for my blood pressure. Shearer leans on hindsight for his examples of good/bad defending or attacking. I liked him as a player. Very strong and direct. Probably the best CF for England for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.