Micah Richards the pundit

Always a bit unfair I think to ask footballers, on camera, to discuss complex subjects far removed and bigger than the game of football itself.

Under the circumstances I thought he did well and put across his own personal circumstances and the criticism he has received.

Impossible not to like the guy and he certainly brightens up typically stale punditry.

Sadly I only think its a matter of time before he says something positive about a Utd or Pool and we will then go back to moaning about lack of representation in the media once again and how he sold his soul for money to Sky/BBC etc

Like him as a pundit. Most pundits are shite from a football knowledge perspective but at least he's entertaining.

you know what football pundits on the shows today are now being made to talk about life outside the game
and view and questions and debates on issue that are nothing to do with the game and football they are watching

don't get me wrong micah-richards is a great bloke and pundit with a smile and a laugh and am all for that
and last night stand on black lives matter and racism and talking from his own time in football and life in general
was heart felt and right

but i loved the old pundits just having it large about the game and clubs and players they was watching
politics and issues outside of football was left to the people and powers in charge, it was solely football matters and football and sports was never really mixed or crossed over into each other

maybe we should start to get sport/football back to be just a game ? a shake of hands and a drink at the bar after the game. ok i understand its more a media lead things today and players are being used to highlight problems in society but is it right ? does the pressure being put on them right ? should the the people in power and rule makers that are getting paid or are in government and head of that field
football has transcended sport. it is a social interaction from a local to international level.

many marginalized people are in the game, and they want to use the exposure as a tool to promote equality and tolerance. i fully agree with this approach. many examples can be made of a footballer bringing attention to behaviour that cannot be accepted in a social environment (or even privately). looking back now some of the actions i have seen from fans to non-white players is disgraceful.

however, some people (fans) are so full of anger that even the tone of a players skin doesn't matter to them. everyone is in the firing line.

talking "just about football" is as far in the past as throwing monkey chants at players

My mate played in the same Manchester boys team as that **** & he says he wasn't a City fan so I would imagine he supported Utd(he couldn't remember),that might be one of the reasons why he's such a wanker...
I once had a pic of him on my screen shot showing him after scoring in the 5-1 but now long gone.

you know what football pundits on the shows today are now being made to talk about life outside the game
and view and questions and debates on issue that are nothing to do with the game and football they are watching

don't get me wrong micah-richards is a great bloke and pundit with a smile and a laugh and am all for that
and last night stand on black lives matter and racism and talking from his own time in football and life in general
was heart felt and right

but i loved the old pundits just having it large about the game and clubs and players they was watching
politics and issues outside of football was left to the people and powers in charge, it was solely football matters and football and sports was never really mixed or crossed over into each other

maybe we should start to get sport/football back to be just a game ? a shake of hands and a drink at the bar after the game. ok i understand its more a media lead things today and players are being used to highlight problems in society but is it right ? does the pressure being put on them right ? should the the people in power and rule makers that are getting paid or are in government and head of that field
Basil D’Oliveira says hello from 1968.

No doubt if he knew he'd be so offended.....
I would welcome another opportunity to offend in a more up to date way.
Many years ago my son and l drew level in the Tesco car Park in Handforth with a little open top Lotus (a car not a yoga position). In it were the so called "Baby faced assassin" and his wife who was studying for some professional qualification. I am afraid l was rather rude to him for no other reason that he was a rag.
Its was like swearing at a choir boy and girl and it still embarrasses me to this day, although my son loves to recount it.
Having said that l would love to do that to certain others, mainly pundits with Martin Tyler leading the field.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.