Micah Richards & Zabba to get contract extensions

black mamba said:
coulsonblue said:
Richards is better than Zabaleta.

Not much good though if he's hardly ever there !

He's had 1 big injury but is back and fresh for new season.

Last season he was nearly fit for the whole campaign.

If would be an issue if he was constantly injured with different niggles ala Rodwell.

coulsonblue said:
It's a tough call when both are fit. Different players with different attributes. It's unfair on either to say one is better than the other. We are very fortunate in this position.

TGR said:
coulsonblue said:

Not in my book. Zab is better at defending, getting forward and most importantly he stays fit.

Biggest misnomer in football.

Zabaleta is pretty terrible at defending at times particularly counter-attacks. He dives in and is easily skipped past. (as is kompany)

Richards is black though so I suppose he will be criticised more.

coulsonblue said:
black mamba said:
coulsonblue said:

Not much good though if he's hardly ever there !

He's had 1 big injury but is back and fresh for new season.

Last season he was nearly fit for the whole campaign.

If would be an issue if he was constantly injured with different niggles ala Rodwell.

Five seasons ago he put in 49 appearances , all comps .... he's got nowhere near that level in the past four seasons , he knows he's not !

Some ridiculous comments on here about Richards, the guys only nearly 25 and was a main part of our FA cup and title winning team. One season out and we've ended up 2nd best, Richards can make that difference.

Brendan110_0 said:
Some ridiculous comments on here about Richards, the guys only nearly 25 and was a main part of our FA cup and title winning team. One season out and we've ended up 2nd best, Richards can make that difference.

The facts and statistics are there , they don't lie .....

at 25 he should be holding his own now , both at club and international level ..... the present day England full backs are hardly anything special.

Gareth Bale is only 23 years old , but the difference/the impact is there for all to see ..... Zabaleta has had a decent taste of first team football now , and at 28 , isn't gonna want to give that up easily, if only for his OWN international prospects ...

Richards doesn't want to let time slip by .... he has to first get in this City side , and then STAY in it !

coulsonblue said:

Richards is better going forward but Zabaleta is the better defender.

Richards gets out of position so many times and sometimes you question if he has the footballing brain to be a world class in the position.

He is still a top top defender no doubt and deserves his place in the team, but Zabaleta for me is just too reliable not be mentioned as our number one rightback at the moment.

Who is to say Richards does a Zaba this season and improves ten fold? We shoud think ourselves lucky we have great competition at rightback.

coulsonblue said:
TGR said:
coulsonblue said:

Not in my book. Zab is better at defending, getting forward and most importantly he stays fit.

Zabaleta is pretty terrible at defending at times particularly counter-attacks. He dives in and is easily skipped past. (as is kompany)

WTF are you on about?

coulsonblue said:
TGR said:
coulsonblue said:

whats that got to do with anything?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.