Micah

salfordblues

Micah Richards - Centre Back

With Vinny and Kolo unavailable for a couple of weeks Mancini appears to believe Savic is the answer to our current centre back problems but in the short term I'm not convinced he is.

He needs more time to grow as a player. If he was alongside Vinny then it might be more understandable as Vinny provides solidity to our defence. However to put him in to two bigish games (Wig and Tot) would be throwing him in at the deep end.

For me, I would put Pab Zab at right back as we know he can do a job for us. Granted, he's not got the same attacking prowess as Micah but he's a very solid squad player and should be used in times like these.

Although Micah hasn't played centre back for a good few years I feel that he is a much better option than Savic. He offers much more of a commanding presence which is something we need (evidenced by the Liverpool game) while our captain is away.

I think he's also improved his temperament and attitude under Mancini. He is no longer a kid who wants to get stuck in to everything. He knows his role in the team and takes a much more measured approach to the game than he did a few years ago.

With two key players it's Richards over Savic all day for me.

Re: Micah Richards - Centre Back

Hasn't the positional awareness to be a centre back. At least Savic has that whilst not being great on the ball.

WNRH said:
Hasn't the positional awareness to be a centre back. At least Savic has that whilst not being great on the ball.

I think he's improved his awareness generally. He has matured alot under Mancini and appears to have a greater appreciation for tactics and the bigger picture.

Micah is the best right back in the UK and he is not a CB.

Like it as been stated before Micah isn't aware enough for a CB.

Savic is our first option and then I would look at Rekic as our second option as this kid is going to be fantastic.

Micah as got to stay RB

WNRH said:

It might not be the long term answer , but in short term if Onouha is not going to be given an opportunity it seems the best option.

In fairness he was excellent there when Sven was manager at the early part of the season and you could argue positional awareness is even more crucial at full back due to the coninual changes in phases of play. As opposed to centre half where the majority of play is infront of you.

salfordblues said:
WNRH said:

I think he's improved his awareness generally. He has matured alot under Mancini and appears to have a greater appreciation for tactics and the bigger picture.

Definitely has but there are still times where he goes back to his old ways, but he can get away with that playing full back. I still think that is the thing that Capello doesn't rate about him.

Micah's one of our main attacking threats and is as good as any right back in Europe. Savic at CB with Micah at RB is better than Micah at CB and Zab at RB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.