Micah

Re: Micah Richards - Centre Back

WNRH said:
salfordblues said:
WNRH said:
Hasn't the positional awareness to be a centre back. At least Savic has that whilst not being great on the ball.

I think he's improved his awareness generally. He has matured alot under Mancini and appears to have a greater appreciation for tactics and the bigger picture.

Definitely has but there are still times where he goes back to his old ways, but he can get away with that playing full back. I still think that is the thing that Capello doesn't rate about him.

Fair point. I would never have suggested Richards at centre back a couple of years ago but as I've said before I think he's matured under Bobby and is a better reader of the game than people give him credit for.

I know it's not ideal putting Micah there but I'm concerned that Savic doesn't appear mentally strong enough. Given that we are under pressure to get a win tonight I'd have more confidence in the "old guard" (Micah and Zab) as opposed to a young lad, don't forget he's only 20!

salfordblues said:
WNRH said:
salfordblues said:
I think he's improved his awareness generally. He has matured alot under Mancini and appears to have a greater appreciation for tactics and the bigger picture.

Definitely has but there are still times where he goes back to his old ways, but he can get away with that playing full back. I still think that is the thing that Capello doesn't rate about him.

Fair point. I would never have suggested Richards at centre back a couple of years ago but as I've said before I think he's matured under Bobby and is a better reader of the game than people give him credit for.

I know it's not ideal putting Micah there but I'm concerned that Savic doesn't appear mentally strong enough. Given that we are under pressure to get a win tonight I'd have more confidence in the "old guard" (Micah and Zab) as opposed to a young lad, don't forget he's only 20!

I think these next few games are a trial for Savic, if he does well in them i think he will be here next season, if he doesn't i think we will replace him but make a little bit of profit on him.

WNRH said:
salfordblues said:

I think these next few games are a trial for Savic, if he does well in them i think he will be here next season, if he doesn't i think we will replace him but make a little bit of profit on him.

Fair enough tonight, but can we really be "trialling" players for games like Spurs.

bluemonkey71 said:
Bale v Zabaleta scares me though

Zab played against Bale at WHL and we didn't hear a peep from him.

Tricky_Trev said:
Micah's one of our main attacking threats and is as good as any right back in Europe. Savic at CB with Micah at RB is better than Micah at CB and Zab at RB.

Spot on, losing Micah down the right would be a huge blow. Nothing against Zabba as he can do a job when needed but Micah's attacking play is crucial to spreading out the opposition's defence. Without him making their full back stay wide their back 4 just sit within the lines of the 18 yard box and we have no room to play.

Why on earth do we not offer him a new contract and then get him out on loan. If he does well, then we could be improving his value substantially or at worst, could become a great right back and a great asset for us. It would be a shame for him to skulk out the back door for a few million quid, being one of our longest standing academy breakthroughs.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.