Michael Ball

davefrombury said:
Blame the fucking full back. Easy option and they can always hear you moaning maybe that's why we destroy every single full back we ever get - coincidence? no i dont think so either.

I'm certainly not one to slag players off during games, but come on mate Ball gives it away far far too often. Not good enough to play in a side that wants to do anything.

Ball is nowhere near as bad as some of the crazies on here suggest. I specifically recall him making at least three runs down the left wing, interpassing with Robinho, in each of his last two games. Yes, Garrido is better but Bally never shirks a hard tackle and, for the shitty games like those at Blackburn, he can do a job for us. Leave the poor guy alone.

PistonBlue said:
davefrombury said:
Blame the fucking full back. Easy option and they can always hear you moaning maybe that's why we destroy every single full back we ever get - coincidence? no i dont think so either.

I'm certainly not one to slag players off during games, but come on mate Ball gives it away far far too often. Not good enough to play in a side that wants to do anything.

I'm not saying he is a great player mate and I know he won't be here long but I'm just sick of him getting blamed for everything. It's always the same with City full backs why do they get the hardest ride?

I think Hughes probably thought that Ball was up to the physical challenge that Blackburn would present rather than Garrido.

I'd much prefer to have Garrido playing, he is far more imaginative, has better ball control and his passing and crossing is better. He's also better at Free Kicks than Elano.

There's no reason why Ball shouldn't do a job for the likes of Hull, Stoke or Brum. He isn't good enough defensively to make up for the constant long punts into the channels when nobody is there.

To be fair to Ball, he's been dealt a pretty shit card in terms of our formation and how City are set up to play. He's pretty much out there on his own on the left apart from the odd occasion when Robinho, VK or Elano drift over to offer some support.

In saying that though his passing at times can be a bit wayward and he did get rinsed 3 or 4 times in the games against Hull and Blackburn. He's a solid left back though, who's more than good enough for a premiership side but unless he steps his game up i cant see him in our squad when we want to challenge for Europe.

Is garrido not injured? If not this is an awful selection by hughes, i only though ball was playing due to garridos injury. Garrido is quality now, young and learning as well. I would keep him even when we buy in some players he would be a great backup left back and can be rotated. Also good for squad depth.

Cant be that easy coming in and out of the team and playing alongside different players each time! Remember Dunne aint had a great season so a lot of covering has been needed. That LB position aint gonna be easy for anyone!

lionheart said:
Ball is nowhere near as bad as some of the crazies on here suggest. I specifically recall him making at least three runs down the left wing, interpassing with Robinho, in each of his last two games. Yes, Garrido is better but Bally never shirks a hard tackle and, for the shitty games like those at Blackburn, he can do a job for us. Leave the poor guy alone.

I happen to think Ball and Garrido are both decent.
They have no cover at all from the midfield and Ball is certainly playing better than Dunne.
We just have to have a whipping boy don't we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.