Michael Johnson To Open A Restaurant In Didsbury

gordondaviesmoustache said:
stony said:
You have an immutable way of making the spirits soar.

I'm happy that you can find some comfort in my discomfort. If only you could pass that chirpiness on to my mrs when she has the job of washing my smalls tomorrow. I'm almost dreading that conversation as much as the next dash to the loo.
I get the sense that conversation is a well trodden path.

'Smalls' is so quaintly working class. Even my dad doesn't refer to them in those terms.

We may have that chat a few times in the past.

Nothing wrong with 'smalls' I'm quite partial to the word, especially as the label inside says XXXL

stony said:
stony said:
I'm happy that you can find some comfort in my discomfort. If only you could pass that chirpiness on to my mrs when she has the job of washing my smalls tomorrow. I'm almost dreading that conversation as much as the next dash to the loo.

'Smalls' is so quaintly working class. Even my dad doesn't refer to them in those terms.

Nothing wrong with 'smalls' I'm quite partial to the word, especially as the label inside says XXXL
To know that refers to the size of your arse, not your cock, don't you?

stony said:

To know that refers to the size of your arse, not your cock, don't you?

When I go to the toilet and hold it with four fingers and end up pissing on three, I am well aware of what it means.

johnnytapia said:
"Fine Dining Restaurant": is there a label more likely to herald the inevitable doom of a business in the catering world?

Hopefully that's just poor reporting.

I wish him every luck. If it goes well he'll have the time of his life. Next best thing to being a footballer if you're turning people away five nights a week. Not much fun if you're not, however. A failing restaurant hemorrhages money.

It's a good location, though.

I hope, whatever he does with the rest of his life, it buys him some peace. It must be very hard to deal with the path his life has taken.

I'm sure there are harder ways to idle away the night than think of whether the cocktail menu is quite up to scratch. Johnson had it good. Very good. He was paid more than I'll earn in my lifetime so let's spare the faux-tragedy. He's got sufficient ackers to open a restaurant in one of the most expensive areas of Manchester. I'll save my tears for others.
You're a hard man, JT.

It's a tough one to call: the lad had it all - a great career in football, fantastic salary etc, yet HE chose to piss it up / throw it away. I'm guessing his financial situation has allowed him to invest and take a punt on a restaurant in a nice, leafy South-Manchester suburb.

So, yes, he could, at times, look and think, "I could still be playing football at the very highest level" and, given our current status, that might shatter his noggin. But, there's a part of me that thinks he's someone who will never be a person that worries about work; about the getting up each day etc.

I guess only those closest know. Is he a charlatan that doesn't give a fuck what happens or is he someone for whom the mental demons have chipped away at his life chances? Ultimately, he'll get what he deserves.

johnnytapia said:
johnnytapia said:
I'm sure there are harder ways to idle away the night than think of whether the cocktail menu is quite up to scratch. Johnson had it good. Very good. He was paid more than I'll earn in my lifetime so let's spare the faux-tragedy. He's got sufficient ackers to open a restaurant in one of the most expensive areas of Manchester. I'll save my tears for others.
You're a hard man, JT.

It's a tough one to call: the lad had it all - a great career in football, fantastic salary etc, yet HE chose to piss it up / throw it away. I'm guessing his financial situation has allowed him to invest and take a punt on a restaurant in a nice, leafy South-Manchester suburb.

So, yes, he could, at times, look and think, "I could still be playing football at the very highest level" and, given our current status, that might shatter his noggin. But, there's a part of me that thinks he's someone who will never be a person that worries about work; about the getting up each day etc.

I guess only those closest know. Is he a charlatan that doesn't give a fuck what happens or is he someone for whom the mental demons have chipped away at his life chances? Ultimately, he'll get what he deserves.
Really? You actually believe that karma bollocks?

johnnytapia said:
You're a hard man, JT.

Yes, what goes around comes around. Somehow, in some way. Normally. Mostly. Karma? Possibly. More likely the law of human interaction. There are exceptions: A. Ferguson. He's just a ****.

johnnytapia said:
johnnytapia said:

Yes, what goes around comes around. Somehow, in some way. Normally. Mostly. Karma? Possibly. More likely the law of human interaction. There are exceptions: A. Ferguson. He's just a c**t.

Bullcrap, 9/10 times its the twats that prosper...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.