Michael Johnson

I will repeat what I have been saying for the past 3 years the fact that people still wish him well speaks highly of blues and its all about familiarity but he simply is not even better than AJ. He was just one of the best we had THEN which as the chairman said was a long, long time ago when we still were "Typical City". The fact he is English helps too but being absolutely realistic do you see him getting into our team even on the bench? A bench that at times players like Dzeko, Balotelli couldnt find a seat on?

Let the memories go its like holding on to a long gone girlfriend who you broke up with but still believe in your head was the one. We made him better than he was he never fulfilled that potential.

He genuinely could have been fantastic but mentally he's been gone for a couple of years now. I remember reading a story about him, could have been when Mancini first arrived and he said that mj was medically cleared to train and play but can't wingeing of niggles and pulls etc? Like he just had no confidence in his body and recovery. Now an ale can yes, but surely all blues must have a sense of sadness the way it's turned out. Elano and johnno were telepathic together!

didactic said:
I will repeat what I have been saying for the past 3 years the fact that people still wish him well speaks highly of blues and its all about familiarity but he simply is not even better than AJ. He was just one of the best we had THEN which as the chairman said was a long, long time ago when we still were "Typical City". The fact he is English helps too but being absolutely realistic do you see him getting into our team even on the bench? A bench that at times players like Dzeko, Balotelli couldnt find a seat on?

Let the memories go its like holding on to a long gone girlfriend who you broke up with but still believe in your head was the one. We made him better than he was he never fulfilled that potential.

Didn't see Michael Johnson anywhere near pitch side celebrating with us winning the league. If anything he has made his money and name through our club you'd have thought he'd have at least had the grace to celebrating the moment....
Says it all to me. An employee for more than 10 years great that.

My mate is very close to Johnson, goes away with him quite often (Sweden is where they head a lot of the time). Anyway my mate was always nervous about introducing me cause I'd usually speak my mind, especially with a beer down me. Anyway, met him afew times now, still strikes me as abut of a kid. Doesnt flash his cash at all, only goes to afew familiar pubs to avoid aggro (some rag swung for him in the bowling green last year).
Talked to him abit and he just basically doesn't like football that much. Dreading going to Leicester
As said above, pretty sad. All of us would swop places with him.

Bit harsh this thread. The lad had a bad injury, probably knew it may have been career threatening and went off the rails a bit (allegedly). Who can blame him? If any of you have read Lakeys book you might get a bit of insight into what it can do to you mentally. Calling him a waster is wrong. Good luck to him whatever he ends up doing.

True_Blue69 said:
Bit harsh this thread. The lad had a bad injury, probably knew it may have been career threatening and went off the rails a bit (allegedly). Who can blame him? If any of you have read Lakeys book you might get a bit of insight into what it can do to you mentally. Calling him a waster is wrong. Good luck to him whatever he ends up doing.
Not a waster, but definitely goldbricking.

Doesn't even like football, he said? Time to release him.

True_Blue69 said:
''Allegedly''? I think there's been too many stories/sightings of him ''out and about'' for it to be allegedly. Even if half the stories are bullshit, that still leaves a lot of sightings; too many for a lad in his position. Think of Vinnie, Kun, Nige, Joe, GazBaz etc etc; the spine of the team. You don't hear much about them out on the town. Coincidence?

dirtydenzel said:
My mate is very close to Johnson, goes away with him quite often (Sweden is where they head a lot of the time). Anyway my mate was always nervous about introducing me cause I'd usually speak my mind, especially with a beer down me. Anyway, met him afew times now, still strikes me as abut of a kid. Doesnt flash his cash at all, only goes to afew familiar pubs to avoid aggro (some rag swung for him in the bowling green last year).
Talked to him abit and he just basically doesn't like football that much. Dreading going to Leicester
As said above, pretty sad. All of us would swop places with him.

To be honest I can understand perhaps why he doesn't like football now after all these injuries. My lad was signed by Burnley at a young age. Training twice sometimes three times a week, traveling all over the place on a Sunday morning and sometimes not even getting a sniff of a game. When he arrived at the magical time when apprenticeships were being dished out he was binned like many other young players. It's only now in this last year or so that he has fallen back in love with playing football again, he's now 27.

LoveCity said:
I find it really sad, I seriously believe he would have been part of that title winning squad had he never got the injuries and progressed with a good attitude. I think he would have done a Micah and survive the cull, he was a brilliant talent and not just a "good player in a wank team" but a genuine talent who was even better than Ireland IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pFBhDczIAE[/youtube]

But Mancini keeps him on (so far) He doesn't strike me as a man who has patience with no-hopers, so perhaps there's a chance yet.

I liked your reference to Ireland. Nice to see that the Villa fans voted him Player of the Year this time - even in competition with Shay Given!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.