Michael Oliver

Everytime i see him i get the impression of a nervous guy fearing to fail at any time, unlike clattenberg or dean i dont think he is corrupt i just think he doesnt have it to ref at this level, may be championship but thats about it

Everytime i see him i get the impression of a nervous guy fearing to fail at any time, unlike clattenberg or dean i dont think he is corrupt i just think he doesnt have it to ref at this level, may be championship but thats about it

I think yer right, CinP. Yer can almost see the mental gymnastics going on behind the forehead - I can't give a pen 'cos the RagDipperMeedya and Jeff Stelling are gonna crucify me if I give City a pen. Better to crack on I've seen nowt!

Wow.
He dangled his leg purposely because he knew Aguero was past him with a free shot from about 10 yards out. It was a rash decision on Moreno's part and he got very, very lucky the ref was a shithouse. His leg tripped Aguero. It's that simple, regardless of how hard the contact was. He was impeded and brought down.
My heads just exploded reading your version.

I'm assuming it didn't make much of a mess

Yeah, they could test each other on the Laws of the Game.

First Question: When an attacker enters the penalty area and a defender sticks out his leg and trips the attacker, what should the referee award?

Ans: A fuckin' penalty!
To be fair, I don't think those exact words are in the book. :)

Does anybody remember George Courtney giving Liverpool 3 penalties in a match, I'm normally a quiet easy to get along with type of person, that day I wanted to invade the pitch and kill him. Can't remember the year in the 1980's sometime, I think Jan Molby took at least one of them for the Dippers.
I remember it, I was stood in windy corner and we ended up shouting for a penalty for them on throw-ins, I think 1 of the pens was justified and the others were a disgrace.

Me too. It's obvious in real time. It's obvious in slow motion.
I am not sure where in the Coaching Manual it teaches players who have just beaten another and passing behind them, that sticking a leg out is a good move. Taking the player out is almost certain, getting the ball is not

So bloody obvious I cannot see any room for doubt. I did notice the commentator on the clip saying 'Ive seen them given' as if there was an element of a doubt. He has seen them given because it was a stone wall penalty.

Avoiding the DT this morning. Perhaps City have played worse - I cannot recall when. So when I am told not to go arguing online I am happy to obey her - for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.