Mickey Thomas

Re: Mickey Tosser

danburge82 said:
lloydie said:
Your written English is a little poor but knowing the standard of schools in Wythenshawe that's hardly your fault.
Your apology is accepted in the manner in which it was proffered.

I work at a school in Wyhtenshawe, we produce some excellent individuals I'll have you know. ;)

Actually, I'm a Gorton boy, our token Welsh fan must be thinking of another Royaloak - and I can tell you that some of the Country's finest minds were educated in Gorton - a the last count, Spurley Hey boasted 3 Nobel prize winners..

bone idle said:
He has a fair point though, why replace ireland with milner, get rid of bellamy? makes no sense to me

That is because you are a rag twat though isn't it?

YourBirdCanSing said:
danburge82 said:
United didn't get their money through being successful, I'm sick of hearing that made up bullshit!

In the 70's and 80's they pretty much won fuck all apart from a few domestic cups, like Boro in the 90's. Yet through illegally selling inedible meat to school kids and running up huge debts with that company to enable the Edwards' to buy players for the club (something that made Louis Edwards top himself because he couldn't afford to pay back the debt as United weren't winning enough to balance the outlay), United still spent more money than everyone else and in the late 80's and early 90's assembled the most expensive team ever seen - that only had ONE player who was homegrown/free (Giggs) - and low and behold they went on to dominate the Premier League when money really started pouring into football.

I've still got the newspaper from the 5-1 Maine Road massacre, and the headlines in it read "PRIDE AND PASSION MADE UNITED'S MILLIONAIRES LOOK LIKE MISFITS" (something not dissimilar to what you'd read now if newly promoted Blackpool beat the richest club in the country who hadn't been a dominant force for a good while 5-1 eh?!)
The article by Peter Gardner starts; "It was sheer Blue murder as Manchester City eclipsed their expensive neighbours in a no contest derby." This was over two decades since United were the countries dominant force, and before their Cup Winners Cup and numerous Prem title wins, but they were still referred to as "expensive"!

And remember United had very little in the way of a challenge. In the first 5 or 6 years the Prem was very poor and only had United plus either none or one other good team to challenge United for the title. In 92-93 Villa Norwich and Blackburn finished 2nd 3rd and 4th, if you look at their teams they wouldn't get into the Prem top half now! So a lot of success with no real challenges with all the money that was pumping into the Prem at the time - it was all Uniteds, all down to spending more money than anyone else after two decades of not being successful!

Now City have to overturn decent sides in Everton, Villa, Liverpool, Arsenal, and two very good sides in United and Chelsea. So we've got to do a hell of a lot to catch and overtake them lot. Back in the early 90's Liverpools decline had started and they've only been a challenging side twice in the last 20years. So United only had Leeds, who weren't even that good themselves, to topple - yet still spent more than anyone had before to do it!

How is what we're doing now any different to what the Rags did then?
Bryan Robson was a record transfer fee, Hughes was the highest paid player in England when he resigned, Viv Anderson was the most expensive defender ever when signed, an average Brain McClair who wouldn't get in Stokes team now was well over the average for the time - so nobody can use our obscene transfer fees or wages as the excuse because it's all relative to the time!

There's no argument! If we're ruining football, then so did United from the mid-late 80's! If we're buying success, then so did United (and so did Everton Liverpool Forest Leeds and so on and so on....) .

This time the colours Sky Blue and the bitter Rags don't like it!

The argument about Un*ted spending money they've "earned," isn't just a bit wrong, it's total cloud cuckoo:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidermedia.com/productsandservices/archive/nwbi/2005-06/cover/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidermedia.com/productsand ... -06/cover/</a>

" ... it was 1902, and Newton Heath was set on its financial feet not by the collective efforts of the club's supporters, but by a brewer, John Henry Davies, who paid off the club's debts, and renamed it Manchester United. Eight years later, Davies made a serious investment: £360,000 to create for United a purpose-built stadium at Old Trafford.”

To put that figure in context - In 1911, the record transfer fee in 1911 was £1,200. (Sunderland for Charlie Buchan.) So in 1902 Davies gave United enough of his own money to buy more than 300 players at a then record transfer fee.

We're just going to have to get used to pundits, fans, ex-players and everyone else, trying to hide their sadness that 'their' club didn't get the Sheikh's money, with these nonsense arguments and ridiculous versions of history.

Wonder what they'll all say if Blackburn get £200m to spend on new players?

And they almost dissolved as a club in the late 20's as they were barely getting 4000 (yes four thousand!) fans through the Old Trafford turnstyles, they couldn't even afford their own kits! So how did that turn around?

Tbilisi said:
blue dallas said:
Dishonest convict... end of.

does what most wank rag players do to gain respect off their 'fans'

when their not idolised for their football skill's because they're shite

they slate city and Liverpool instead.

Bury Neville is another prime example.

Correct,worked in Colwyn Bay 20 years ago,didnt take any cheques though!
I used to play pinball with him on colwyn bay pier 75, he always used to pay for the table, he seemed allright then, but he was only playing for wrexham

Mickey Thomas is such a twat. Wouldn`t mind banging his daughter up the gary though who was once a soccerette on Soccer AM - obviously after I had tied Mickey up and placed him at the end of the bed.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
What a total tosser Mickey Thomas is ...

BBC Website :

Ex-Wales and Manchester United star Mickey Thomas hopes the £1 billion Manchester City project fails for the good of football.
Thomas believes most "real" City fans are disillusioned with the constant churning of players including Craig Bellamy's move to Cardiff City.
He said: "I hope it fails, I really do. People talk about Man Utd but they got their money through being successful."
City have spent £130m on six new players this summer.
And it has been estimated that total transfer and wage payments over the past two years has now exceeded £1 billion.
"They [City] are getting rich guys coming in and you can't even identify their players because there are so many changes in personnel at City," Thomas, who works as a media pundit in Manchester, has told Friday's Sport Wales programme.

If you're a real City fan - a proper City fan - then I think you're disillusioned
"They are getting rich guys coming in and you can't even identify their players because there are so many changes in personnel at City.
"City fans are so devastated that Craig Bellamy has left the football club.
"They loved him and they are losing one of their best players because of these changing times in football.
"They just want to keep buying and buying until they get a trophy. If you're a real City fan - a proper City fan - then I think you're disillusioned with it because it's not good.
"At the end of the day, the majority in football - including myself - hope they fail."
Bellamy scored 12 goals in 40 appearances for City, including 10 in the Premiership last season in 32 games.

For a club that is "ruining football" City seem to treat their unwanted players pretty well
rush-home-mike
He was also credited with eight assists and former City captain Richard Edghill believes the Wales skipper will be missed at Eastlands this season.
"Craig Bellamy put in a good shift last season," said Edghill, who now coaches youngsters at the Manchester City Soccer School.
"He weighed in with 12 goals and at least as many assists during his time here and I think he'll be a big miss to the team because there are now a lot of defensive players in the squad.
"To have someone like Craig, who can nick a goal and provide an all-round presence, was important. He'll be sadly missed."

what mickey (or should that be thicky) doesn't seem to mention is the fact that bellamy in a 14yr career has won a scottish cup and a glorified friendly in the community shield and is over 30 and although city fans will miss his non-stop all action displays he is being replaced with the likes of mario balotelli who at just turned 20 has 3 serie a titles, 1 coppa italia, 1 super coppa italiana and a champions league already tucked under his belt and has his whole career in front of him. given a choice between mario and bellers i know who most if not all city fans would choose, sad to see bellers go but we are employing winners now and i'm sure we'll get over losing bellers when the likes of silva and mario get going!! thanks for the concern though mickey, obviously your comments have absolutely nothing to do with you being a jealous rag.

Hes banging on about fans not knowing who the players are, well any real fan would know who exactly who the players are. Oh yeh Mickey talking about cash people wernt you the one who went to prison for banging out dodgy money, greedy bastard. Dont ya just love it when people try and get on the moral high ground but who arent whiter that dog shit, to top it off i always thought Thomas was shit as a player.

FIRST CLASS KNOBHEAD, ,THE REASON HE WENT TO JAIL FOR HIS MONEY PRINTING EPISODE, HE HAD A PICTURE OF THE QUEEN ON A £20 NOTE, AND SHE WAS WEARING A PAIR OF GLASSES. THATS HOW ====ING BRIGHT HE IS. !

Royaloak said:
danburge82 said:
I work at a school in Wyhtenshawe, we produce some excellent individuals I'll have you know. ;)

Actually, I'm a Gorton boy, our token Welsh fan must be thinking of another Royaloak - and I can tell you that some of the Country's finest minds were educated in Gorton - a the last count, Spurley Hey boasted 3 Nobel prize winners..

Obviously the Peace prize, though possibly for diplomacy. So it's You, Henry Kissinger....who was the other one? :)
My apologies to danburge82 and all of Wythy.

f you're a real City fan - a proper City fan - then I think you're disillusioned

My favourite bit thanks for trying to speak for us Mickey but im certainly not disillusioned far from it cant wait for us to win something however we do it
obviously supporting City since being a wee lad isn't a proper city fan for Mickey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.