Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

Netanyahu just can't get over Oct 7th 2023 and nor he shouldn't but going after every Middle Eastern enemy is madness. Nobody wins here and I pray the US don't get involved or it's game over for the world

For such a small nation they have some serious fire power, could the UK do what they are doing right now? They seem to want to take everyone on and drag certainly the USA into it, with Yemen been bombed it’s only a matter of time before things start flying the other way, could they seriously fight on about 4 fronts?

For such a small nation they have some serious fire power, could the UK do what they are doing right now? They seem to want to take everyone on and drag certainly the USA into it, with Yemen been bombed it’s only a matter of time before things start flying the other way, could they seriously fight on about 4 fronts?
The American Taxpayer funds all that firepower. Without that the shithouses in charge of Israel wouldn't be throwing their weight about

There are a few things happening, Israel is desperate to get the US involved in a war with Iran, the Iranians know this and are not falling for i, on the same tac it's impossible to defeat an enemy from the air alone soon or later there has to be boots on the ground and this is exactly what the Iranians want, a moral sapping war that suits hezbollah fighters

The Israelis are on a roll and it's feared they will make the wrong decision (again)

The americans who back all this tend to forget history because they have very little of there own, and also their viewpoint tends to take the Hollywood approach to history, the Islamic world is very different they take a very long view of history, and historically they have been here before with the Crusader States, they believe they can effectively bleed Israel to death in the long term

The one thing that Israel can do but won't is try and facilitate a viable Palestinian State, the other option is perpetual war that they can't afford economically and the American Taxpayer will be very reluctant to pay for

There are no good options here for anyone, what will happen next I think Israel will try and create a buffer zone, but the rockets will keep coming so they will expand it and still the rockets will keep coming they could end up having to take over the whole of Lebanon to stop it, I am sure some hot heads from the Israeli right are salivating at the prospect, but it would be a disaster so don't discount it

There are a few things happening, Israel is desperate to get the US involved in a war with Iran, the Iranians know this and are not falling for i, on the same tac it's impossible to defeat an enemy from the air alone soon or later there has to be boots on the ground and this is exactly what the Iranians want, a moral sapping war that suits hezbollah fighters

The Israelis are on a roll and it's feared they will make the wrong decision (again)

The americans who back all this tend to forget history because they have very little of there own, and also their viewpoint tends to take the Hollywood approach to history, the Islamic world is very different they take a very long view of history, and historically they have been here before with the Crusader States, they believe they can effectively bleed Israel to death in the long term

The one thing that Israel can do but won't is try and facilitate a viable Palestinian State, the other option is perpetual war that they can't afford economically and the American Taxpayer will be very reluctant to pay for

There are no good options here for anyone, what will happen next I think Israel will try and create a buffer zone, but the rockets will keep coming so they will expand it and still the rockets will keep coming they could end up having to take over the whole of Lebanon to stop it, I am sure some hot heads from the Israeli right are salivating at the prospect, but it would be a disaster so don't discount it
Just one thing. The American taxpayer will pay for it and there's nothing they can do about it. What Israel wants Israel gets off Congress.

Just one thing. The American taxpayer will pay for it and there's nothing they can do about it. What Israel wants Israel gets off Congress.
To a point, however you have to remember that aid given by Western Countries is circular, and is more of a subsidy to the American arms manufactures, there are some big calls on that industry of course there is Ukraine but there is the ever present threat of China flexing it's military muscles, the pot is not bottomless, also the pressure the US will come under, especially with a ground war witch will strengthen the Iranians

You also forget that Israel does not have an unlimited supply of manpower, to win this war they need manpower and lots of it, Hezbollah has more or less unlimited amounts of manpower if you consider a ground war will suck in groups from all over the Middle East, the warning is Lebanon has the potential to be the new Afghanistan the new graveyard of empires.

Sooner or later both sides are going to have to climb down the alternative is far to apocalyptic to contemplate, both for Israel a country I love bit for the wider region

Both sides need to realise that by forever killing each other they are just strengthening the extremes from each side, we would feel the same is the Jocks were lobbing missile sover us, and they would feel the same way if we kept bombing them, but I fear they will continue to bloodlet until they both can bleed no more

It's a tragedy that humans cost nothing, and there's a constant production. At least political leaders see it like that. Economy and political and military power are measured by money. No news.

Thinking about the importance of this small dusty region, it seems to me, the USA plus allies won't give away control over Suez, and Israel are the guard we are funding. That's why they are military over-sized.

Same goes for Bosporus and Turkey, who are playing their cards well and be a questionable NATO member, but it's better than not at all.
Russia gave S400s, USA gave F35s. China goes another route by building infrastructure like harbors: the strategy behind is the same.

Same for Taiwan strait, super important route. It's about power, influence, control.

Good news is, continents do drift! One day Suez, Bosporus and Taiwan strait will vanish and geopolitics will change. But it might take some dozen million years til then. We will never know the outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.