Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

So, let me get this straight; only drones were used and the iron dome takes down drones. The 3 other actors take down drones and cruise too and the 32 remaining were drone and cruise.

What you're saying, as Iran used less than 10% of its weaponry, is that the iron dome isn't all singing and all dancing after all.

Especially if it needs help from other allies...
I don't think any of us including mr anorak will ever know the truth. The first reports were that nothing got through and gradually more official and unofficial footage of destruction caused by Iranian missiles is leaking out. There are good tactical reasons for Israel to claim the Iranian weapons were ineffective but clearly they are a threat which cannot be fully contained. It seems a lot of these missile defences strategies can be simply overwhelmed by an amount of missiles - part of the reason the US and Russia maintain nuclear arsenal's capable of destroying the world many times over. Any country claiming to have an impenetrable shield is doing so to manage fear and panic within its own population, demoralise the enemy etc. basically bollocks.

I don't think any of us including mr anorak will ever know the truth. The first reports were that nothing got through and gradually more official and unofficial footage of destruction caused by Iranian missiles is leaking out. There are good tactical reasons for Israel to claim the Iranian weapons were ineffective but clearly they are a threat which cannot be fully contained. It seems a lot of these missile defences strategies can be simply overwhelmed by an amount of missiles - part of the reason the US and Russia maintain nuclear arsenal's capable of destroying the world many times over. Any country claiming to have an impenetrable shield is doing so to manage fear and panic within its own population, demoralise the enemy etc. basically bollocks.

Straight to the point, sir.

So, let me get this straight; only drones were used and the iron dome takes down drones. The 3 other actors take down drones and cruise too and the 32 remaining were drone and cruise.

What you're saying, as Iran used less than 10% of its weaponry, is that the iron dome isn't all singing and all dancing after all.

Especially if it needs help from other allies...
Personally I wouldn't believe anything Israel or any side involved puts out there, including their 'allies' without confirmation by some kind of independent third party review (maybe there has been)

Fair play to Biden for condemning any possible attack on Irans nuclear facilties, that was brave of him after months of watching all those innocent civilians being killed in Gaza at an unprecedented scale with his hands tied and not being able to speak out against it but clearly Israel just wants to get rid of anyone who stands against their aparteid regime and ever growing illegal settlements. People need to start seeing it from their side. The plan is that once they wipe out all their opponents, the fighting will stop. Countries like Iran would be better off just ignoring the Israeli military advancement and let them finish the job and this should all be over soon and the region can get back to being at peace again.
When he finally steps down he'll a give fulsome condemnation of Israel's actions over the last year. At this present time, it's still not convenient for him to do so.

Fair play to Biden for condemning any possible attack on Irans nuclear facilties, that was brave of him after months of watching all those innocent civilians being killed in Gaza at an unprecedented scale with his hands tied and not being able to speak out against it but clearly Israel just wants to get rid of anyone who stands against their aparteid regime and ever growing illegal settlements. People need to start seeing it from their side. The plan is that once they wipe out all their opponents, the fighting will stop. Countries like Iran would be better off just ignoring the Israeli military advancement and let them finish the job and this should all be over soon and the region can get back to being at peace again.

I think I see your point re:Biden, but his hands were not "tied". He had options and chose not to utilise them because of his self-admittance of being an "out and out zionist" stated many years ago and non-action merely underlines this.

This is why Netanyahu has obliterated every "red line" the US has set, calling their bluff and showing the current US gov to be toothless on the world stage when it comes to its allies.

Or I should say where Israel is, strategically in the Middle East.

The rest I, very much, agree with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.