Middle East Conflict (merged)

Diane Abbott and George Galloway too.

As a cultural Christian, I’ve more in common with Jews than Muslims so that’s whom I’m going for.

Israel… Israel… Israel!!!
A cultural Christian would know about the just war doctrine and proportionality in war.

There can't be peacemakers when there is no viable peace. The Israelis have deliberately undermined the two state solution with the settlement building. Settlement building to block Arabs being able to have land date back to the early Zionists settling in the Negev. It was successful.

Why wouldn't they keep doing it?

I don't think Ireland and this situation is analogous. Sure there was hatred and violence. But how many Catholics and protestants actually viewed each other as subhuman?

There were zealots that came to think like that because it was psychologically convenient to think like that but there wasn't the same level of idealogy behind it. Even the legend of victimhood doesn’t approach what we see in Israel.

I used to be closer to your position, but Israel will never make peace until they are forced into it.
I wouldn’t regard the two situations as analogous by any stretch of the imagination but I do believe there are far more similarities than anyone in Israel or Britain for that matter would acknowledge.
You can justify any cause through a subjective track back through history.
It really depends on what point in time you want to choose as your justification.

Believe me we were taught Irish history by the Christian Brothers very subjectively over here, but in doing so, we probably have ingrained in us a subjective view, you might say, although we would consider it a far more informed view than your average objective Englishman, for example.

I find the English and British people in general, very fair and objective.

But there are lessons to be learnt in how you deal with other people’s occupied land.
It really depends how far you want to go back to what amounts to a plantation of people of one religious persuasion into a land already occupied with people of a different persuasion.
The governance of the land favouring one persuasion over the other.
The removal of those of the persuasion that don’t have loyalty to your governance.
Fast forward through how ever many decades or centuries depending on where you are talking about and the continued support of one persuasion over the other will eventually lead to conflict.

Believe me their are similarities, but talking specifically of the last 100years or so on this island, baring in mind 1918 saw the start of the British mandate for the region of Israel if I am correct.

We had a rising in 1916.
A guerrilla war after, against Britain, up to 1922.
A civil war after the Declaration of Independence and acceptance of a 26 county free state. The irony of this is that the treaty was signed to stop what would have been a civil war on the whole island. The Ulster Unionists were armed to the teeth and would not have accepted joining the free state and were basically backed by the military.
1923 ended the civil war and a the Dail (parliament) sat.
All plain sailing from there on in?
No.
Gerrymandering and Catholic’s treated as secondhand citizens lead to unrest.
Civil rights marches at the end of the 1960’s
Bloody Sunday 1972.
30 years of tit for tat terrorist attacks on innocent communities.
1998……. The Good Friday Agreement.
People put the guns down and talked.
There were joint referenda in the North and the South needing a majority in both.

An agreed future that can change but needs support from both sides of the current border, whatever that future change might be.

Similarities in cause through history.
Possible path to a future solution. If the will was there.

Personally I have no time for religion and state being intertwined.
Religion should be removed from state.
Anything else seems cultlike.

And he's not religious. Just a grifter who will take his country down with him.
Fair to say Robbieh, that you and I are not even fit to lace the mans shoes. A hero of the people for the people and from the people. The utterances we both breath on a football forum, pale into insignificance to this mans deeds.

After graduating from high school in 1967 Netanyahu returned to Israel to enlist in the Israel Defense Forces. He trained as a combat soldier and served for five years in a special forces unit of the IDF.

He took part in numerous cross-border raids during the 1967–70 War of Attrition, including the March 1968 Battle of Karameh, when the IDF attacked jordan to capture Yasser Arafat but were repulsed with heavy casualties, then rising to become a team-leader in the unit.

He was wounded in combat on multiple occasions. He was involved in many other missions, including the 1968 Israeli raid on Lebanon and the rescue of the hijacked Sabena Flight 571 in May 1972, in which he was shot in the shoulder.
He was discharged from active service in 1972 but remained in the Sayeret Matkal reserve.

Following his discharge, he left to study in the United States but returned in October 1973 to serve in the Yom Kippur War. He took part in special forces raids along the suez against egyptian forces before leading a commando attack deep inside Syrian territory.

His brother yoni also a special forces operative was killed in action on the raid at Ettebe. Now known as operation yonatan in his memory.

Surrounded on all sides by religious fookwits, hellbent on the destruction and total anihiliation of the state of Israel, he has shown true strength in the face of the terrorist onslaught that threatens their very existance. God speed that man.

Fair to say Robbieh, that you and I are not even fit to lace the mans shoes. A hero of the people for the people and from the people. The utterances we both breath on a football forum, pale into insignificance to this mans deeds.

After graduating from high school in 1967 Netanyahu returned to Israel to enlist in the Israel Defense Forces. He trained as a combat soldier and served for five years in a special forces unit of the IDF.

He took part in numerous cross-border raids during the 1967–70 War of Attrition, including the March 1968 Battle of Karameh, when the IDF attacked jordan to capture Yasser Arafat but were repulsed with heavy casualties, then rising to become a team-leader in the unit.

He was wounded in combat on multiple occasions. He was involved in many other missions, including the 1968 Israeli raid on Lebanon and the rescue of the hijacked Sabena Flight 571 in May 1972, in which he was shot in the shoulder.
He was discharged from active service in 1972 but remained in the Sayeret Matkal reserve.

Following his discharge, he left to study in the United States but returned in October 1973 to serve in the Yom Kippur War. He took part in special forces raids along the suez against egyptian forces before leading a commando attack deep inside Syrian territory.

His brother yoni also a special forces operative was killed in action on a raid he commanded at Ettebe. Now known as operation yonatan in his memory.

Surrounded on all sides by religious fookwits, hellbent on the destruction and total anihiliation of the state of Israel, he has shown true strength in the face of terrorist onslaught that threatens their very existance. God speed that man.

All that and he will be remembered as being a Mass Murderer. One of the most Evil fuckers to ever breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.