Middle East Conflict (merged)

I find it hard not to just be completely empathetic to people living in Gaza, Lebanon or Israel tonight that are just trying to look after their families.

They are all being let down by their leadership and paying such ridiculous prices for it.

This is the sad truth, although it’s hard to not to remember that 1 of the countries involved is a democracy where the people can actually effect change if they’re unhappy with their government, while the civilians in the other 3 countries are under oppressive regimes (Lebanon is in theory a democracy but is not recognised as politically free since 1975) and have no such choice.

It’s also very hard to not be acutely aware of the difference in power and consequences here. Fortunately zero Israeli citizens have died tonight (according to the latest reports) while 50,000 Palestinians and thousands of Lebanese citizens have died since the invasions began, millions have been made homeless and been displaced and I’m sure Iranian civilians will die in the inevitable counterattack. Israeli citizens wont face blockades and sanctions and famine, while the citizens of the other countries will.

I think most sane people/ countries have no sympathy at all for Iran. They are despised across the Middle East and by their own citizens. It’s basically a dictatorship that murders its own citizens who don’t agree with them.

Hopefully there will be severe consequences for Iran, whether that’s financial or there weaponry destroyed.

Their weapons are lightyears behind Israel’s which makes it a pointless task chucking them at the Iron dome. Bet the Russians are a bit concerned now as Iran will be using all its stuff to fight Israel rather than shipping to them.

Now tell me the land that Israel is occupying and since when did this occupation began?
The biggest change to Israel's frontiers came in 1967, when the conflict known as the Six Day War left Israel in occupation of the Sinai peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem and most of the Syrian Golan Heights - effectively tripling the size of territory under Israel's control.

This is the sad truth, although it’s hard to not to remember that 1 of the countries involved is a democracy where the people can actually effect change if they’re unhappy with their government, while the civilians in the other 3 countries are under oppressive regimes (Lebanon is in theory a democracy but is not recognised as politically free since 1975) and have no such choice.

It’s also very hard to not be acutely aware of the difference in power and consequences here. Fortunately zero Israeli citizens have died tonight (according to the latest reports) while 50,000 Palestinians and thousands of Lebanese citizens have died since the invasions began, millions have been made homeless and been displaced and I’m sure Iranian civilians will die in the inevitable counterattack. Israeli citizens wont face blockades and sanctions and famine, while the citizens of the other countries will.

Completely agree.

Mathew Miller, US state department, says the world must condemn Iran for an attack that killed no one, whilst remaining silent on the 1000s of deaths caused by their allies. The majority of countries see American hypocrisy for what it is.

Some lives matter more than others. The last year has completely proved that. Not that it wasn't already known.

So the terrorist attack on the Telv Aviv metro claimed more lives (8) than thee 200 balistic missiles - the only death being a Palistian man hit by shrapnel in the West Bank.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.