Middle East Conflict (merged)

It’s one of those topics where some people are completely entrenched in their own view on either side, there’s little hope for rational discussion.

The conflicts effectively played out on message boards and forums throughout very similarly to those actually involved.

Needs more rational heads, there’s plenty of exit ramps, it just needs someone courageous enough to take them.
Innocents are being killed, who gave them authority?

I find myself avoiding these threads where possible these days, unless posts are reported, as they tend to be a bit toxic and many are so entrenched in their views that it makes any kind of rational discussion almost impossible.

Feels like those who squarely blame one party, without ever accepting any culpability on their own side, aren’t really arguing in good faith anymore. It’s pretty tiresome.

GY1gFFeWQBMP24o

Another for the list of "achievements".

Netanyahu is a fascist, warmongering ****.

The west just sits there allowing him to commit genocide.

This is a comment on the man. Not any religion or sub sections of their religions.

Biden is impotent.

Europe is too busy fighting with Ukraine.

The UK lost our world authority with Brexit.

Who is actually gonna stop the **** and start peaceful negotiations?

GY1gFFeWQBMP24o

Another for the list of "achievements".

It says nothing about what our British forces have been doing? I know they act with professional courage as directed by the government, hopefully not harming civilians and keeping themselves safe

It says nothing about what our British forces have been doing? I know they act with professional courage as directed by the government, hopefully not harming civilians and keeping themselves safe
As the UK anti rocket capability is the best part of zilch (only Sky Sabre/Sea Ceptor)16mi to 28mi range not a lot.
Arrow3 and David's Sling are the weapons required to hit balustic missiles - and Israel is unlikely to help the UK at the moment.
THADD the US equivalent to David's Sling and the successor to Patriot is also an option but it's not got thee ex Atmosphere capability of Arrow3.
The DragonFire laser will be with the UK armed forces in 2027 but that's relatively short range.

Last edited:
We have a prominent Jewish support of our club, I'm not repeating some of my previous posts trying to balance the two sides but it makes me so sad.

I'm no expert but I detest the political war mongering blaming one side or the other. I remember the Yom Kippur war of 1973 when Russia's support of Egypt and Syria opposed the USA's backing of Israel, we were on the brink of the ultimate all out war. I don't need any comments from "historians", I had the empirical experience of a 14 year old, it was terrifying, Nixon brought us to the brink with a warning to Brezhnev.

Why was Israel attacked? I've no idea, I just don't understand why any country would attack them without knowing innocents would be caught up in the conflict. I've the upmost sadness for anyone involved, it's absolute madness.

I'm in Krakow next Tuesday, going to pay my respects to the murdered Jewish population at Auschwitz-Birkenau.

I sincerely hope we don't have any more massacres in the Middle East, it's gone way too far.

Sad beyond belief.

Were the Israelis not attacked by Hamas and Hizbollah beforehand? Isn't it just an endless cycle of tit for tat? But with the Israelis having more effective weapons.

I recall this has been happening since the 1970s when the PLO and it's affiliates were attacking Israel. The Oslo accord seems a long way off these days sadly.

Israel conducted Lebanon invasion in 1982. Israel assisted the civil war by siding with Gemayel of the Ketaeb party. After Israel and Lebanon won the war and invaded Lebanon, Gemayel became the Lebanon President. In return for returning Ketaeb, Israel expected Lebanon to assist Israel in attacking Palestine and Syria. Gemayel declined. Not long after, Gemayel was assassinated by pro-war pro-zionist Christian sect. In Lebanon, Gemayel is the most hated Lebanese figure.

Israel has been conducting Nakba, Sabra, Shatilla, First Intifada long before the creation of Hamas. At the time there was Fatah. After the many conflicts between Israel and Fatah, an agreement was made for a two-state solution and Fatah pacified. Yitzhak Rabin for Israel, Yasser Arafat for Palestine, assisted by US and UN. However, right-wing zionist Israel (especially Kach and Eyal of Kahanism) disagree two-state solution. Not long after, Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated. Conflicts resume and Hamas was formed.
The development of the Gaza Strip was funded by Qatar and Israel, of which the fund is funneled to the creation of Hamas militia. Refer to this https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-y...d-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/amp/

So, yes, the zionist Israel movement caused the creation of Hezbollah and Hamas. The reason is simple, make the two-state solution impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.