Middle East Conflict

What is the actual backstory of this photo? Call me naive but I really can't believe a nations military would pose smiling with toys of children they have killed...there has to be more to it surely
Unfortunately, the IDF—especially the growing far-right adherents within it—have been doing this sort of thing for some time. Before the new conflict broke out IDF soldiers (and state-protected settler paramilitary groups) were taking photos with confiscated possessions and even detainees after raids (some legal, some illegal) in the West Bank.

It is important to remember that for some of the soldiers (far more than any of us should be comfortable with) the Palestinians have been othered to the point of being seen as less-than-human. Some believe they should be dealt with like any “pest infestation”. This is baked in to Kahanist and extreme Zionist ideology; Palestinians are viewed as a “hinderance to God’s will of the chosen people thriving” and so must be eliminated.

It is hard to wrap your head round how prominent (and insidious) far-right beliefs have become in Israel if you are not regularly engaging with people that live there. Even people that claim to be progressive have internalised some aspects of far-right religious ideology. They routinely reveal through survey responses and (in)action that they don’t really care about Palestinians or their plight. They only care about their safety and prosperity in Israel… and perhaps the outside world’s perception of Israeli righteousness.

When that is threatened is when they march and protest.

Even now, the current mounting protests have little to do with the genocidal actions of the Israeli government and military. They are almost entirely down to deep distrust of and anger toward Netanyahu specifically, and a fear of the consequences of shifting global perceptions of Israel. Poll after poll show the majority of Israelis support the current military operations in Gaza and the West Bank. A majority of Israelis even support new settlement in the West Bank, Golan Heights, and strengthening Israeli claims on Jerusalem, even though all violate international law and treaties to which Israel is a signatory.

This is the product of many things, but arguably the biggest factor is decades of increasingly loud right and far-right rhetoric “othering” Palestinians (as well as a reaction to Hamas, Fatah, PIJ, other Palestinian entities, as well as Middle Eastern nations “othering” Israelis and Jews more broadly).

Some people will say if extremist Palestinian groups have done it with Israeli and Jewish people, than how can I denounce Israelis for doing it with Palestinians.

And my answer is simple: either you are different or you are not. And if you are not different, then you should be treated the same.

Last edited:

I wonder what excuse, backed up with zero evidence, they will use to deny this - probably blame it on the Palestinians themselves. And some idiots will be quick to believe it like the 'Unwra participated in Oct 7' lie as they go on to commit atrocity after atrocity. Or will they resort to the usual straw man argument? or the Bart Simpson inspired 'no one saw me do it so can't prove anything'?

When the dust settles I wonder how many more mass graves will be uncovered.

Are Jewish people (Or for that matter ex Israelis') condemning all of this? It would go a great deal towards stopping this genocide. I dont mean to label this as a jewish problem at all but is anyone (From the israeli side of things) calling this out? I dont hear it or see the demonstrations (Except pro-Palestinian marches which no one listens to unfortunately especially the Netanyahu govn). It would be really good for Israeli's to call out this evil they are doing. But maybe our newspapers and media are ignoring that side of the news?

Are Jewish people (Or for that matter ex Israelis') condemning all of this? It would go a great deal towards stopping this genocide. I dont mean to label this as a jewish problem at all but is anyone (From the israeli side of things) calling this out? I dont hear it or see the demonstrations (Except pro-Palestinian marches which no one listens to unfortunately especially the Netanyahu govn). It would be really good for Israeli's to call out this evil they are doing. But maybe our newspapers and media are ignoring that side of the news?
Many Jewish individuals and groups and protesting regularly and bravery I may add in the West. The ones that do in Israel also disappear quite quickly. The western media cover up of this, and other things obviously, is Goebbels level.

To get some form of regular news get on to chat groups that share real news via TikTok links, etc. Lots of shared videos of Jewish people in the West raising their voices against their politicians and leaders and being arrested or chucked out of conferences.

London is about to host another massive ceasefire protest on Saturday 27 April. Trying to get a million people down. These protests often have prominent Jewish speakers speaking out. Again obviously not covered by mainstream media (MSM).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.