Middle Tennessee Blues/Yanks

I don't care who joins with us and celebrates our football the more the merrier.
I agree. It's great that people all over the world are joining the City family. My son lives over in the USA, up in Pennsylvania, and they've just persuaded a local pub to trial early opening early for games. He's also been to Tennessee and thinks it's a great part of the world so maybe one day I'll get the chance to visit the branch.

I see you still have small club syndrome football is a product and City have one of the best on the market its only natural that we will attract a worldwide fan base the core support will always be from in and around Manchester but anyone who wants to support City should be welcomed

City were never a small club, and you calling city a 'product' says everything.

We are better than having a 'fan base' who have never even been to England.

We never were but some fans have that mentality times have changed we are now a world wide club which we never were before

Also I think you misunderstood by what I meant as "product" I simply mean what is produced on the pitch the clubs owners have global ambitions and with global ambitions we will attract a global fan base but the core of the fan base will be Mancunian (or there or there abouts) which in turn brings in more revenue for the club through better advertising reach etc, in the end we want to see the club we support win things, the rest of the stuff was important to me when I was younger but not any more

For what it is worth, many American sports bars/pubs that are a meeting place for people following a team from another geographic area will have paraphanaila or flags of those clubs on the wall, etc. Means nothing to the bar owner is merely to show this is that fanbase's meeting spot to watch games. Could just be it used to be where United fans used to go now it is a City pub.

Thanks! The Nashville group is primarily Americans, however we have had some ex pats join us that were in town for one reason or another. My goal is to eventually sort out a pilgrimage and come over for a game or 2 with some fellow blues, and tour the campus and stadium. We are definitely getting a bigger following. NBC carrying the Premier League has been amazing for us. Oddly enough Arsenal seems to have the biggest following here though.

Maybe you should organise your trip over around April/May next year to see City win the title....haha!!.....let's hope so anyway.

I don't usually get taken in by these comments, and hopefully Corky is just taking the piss, but, where do you think the money is coming from to buy these fantastic players we now have? And yes, I will use "we". Why do you think we now have these great sponsorships? Think big corporations would pay that much just to get the advertising to Greater Manchetser? Think the TV revenue we now get would be so much if it wasn't worth $1 billion here in the States alone? Trust me, the worst thing about the takeover to me was I knew we would no longer keep the likes of Richard Dunne and Stephen Ireland. I started watching g City when my cousin (from Manchester) gave me the jersey off his back. Kept watching becuase of Reyna and the Beasley (for a short spell). Fans from everywhere are what drives great clubs to success.

Slightly off topic, got a pizza on Friday night and a young lad serving heard the accent and asked if I like ''soccer''. I replied that I did and he asked me who I supported and I reversed the question and asked him who he supported and he replied ''Manchester (and as he said that, I thought to myself ''here we go, a rag'') City''.
It made my day - and his when I played him my ''Agueroooooooo'' ringtone which he instantly recognised. I don't tip very often but did then ;)
NBC has really been great over here in spreading the Blue cause further afield.

agreed, I think NBC and the fantastic football we've been playing in the last few years has drawn many new American supporters. Just last week I was having lunch in Miami and the waiter saw I had my city jersey on, ended up talking about the club for a few minutes.

Ive also been seeing more and more people with city jerseys in different parts of the U.S. Not sure why some blues would be upset about new, non- English followers. My view is that If someone is passionate about the club then who cares what their nationality is.

Last edited:
I don't usually get taken in by these comments, and hopefully Corky is just taking the piss, but, where do you think the money is coming from to buy these fantastic players we now have? And yes, I will use "we". Why do you think we now have these great sponsorships? Think big corporations would pay that much just to get the advertising to Greater Manchetser? Think the TV revenue we now get would be so much if it wasn't worth $1 billion here in the States alone? Trust me, the worst thing about the takeover to me was I knew we would no longer keep the likes of Richard Dunne and Stephen Ireland. I started watching g City when my cousin (from Manchester) gave me the jersey off his back. Kept watching becuase of Reyna and the Beasley (for a short spell). Fans from everywhere are what drives great clubs to success.

I assume it's a WUM

Corky' next post might be about sending the team back to Argentina and the Ivory Coast etc!

I'm very happy to see our international supporter clubs grow!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.