Middlesbrough (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that there is no replays from now on with extra time and then penalties, with no replays from this round onwards . Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is we've got to go out and win it in 90mins, especially with a huge Champions League game coming up on Wednesday. We could well do without the extra time, so I hope pep will play as stronger team as possible so as to win the game in normal time.
Correct, no replays, extra time and pens to decide.

4th sub as well so no reason to not use 3 subs in 90mins.

I suspect he is rotating the front 3 so Sterling back in and Sane rest. Does Aguero need a rest? He has sat out a number of games this season. Silva will be back in. Stones back in. Something like this:-

Bravo

Zabaleta
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov

Garcia
Silva
Fdinho

Sterling
Aguero
Nolito

4th sub as well so no reason to not use 3 subs in 90mins.

I suspect he is rotating the front 3 so Sterling back in and Sane rest. Does Aguero need a rest? He has sat out a number of games this season. Silva will be back in. Stones back in. Something like this:-

Bravo

Zabaleta
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov

Garcia
Silva
Fdinho

Sterling
Aguero
Nolito

Yeah, pretty close to this, though I think Delph will start

We had a strong team on Wednesday and look where it got us!! We need Caballero in goal and David Silva on from the start with Zaba and Vinnie definite, at least with those 4 we have players who know what it means to the fans and will give it their all. Zaba and Vinnie also have the strong personalities to pull the others along with them, they will shout and encourage and will fight until the end. And make no bones about it, it will be a fight to the end.

The Boys in Blue never give in, they fight to the end.

According to SSN the Boro team will without 3 of their regular back 4, which should help us to move their back 4 about allowing us to create chances for the likes of Sergio and who ever is upfront with him. Will have to keep an eye out for Negrado who I expect to lead the line for Boro. However with 2 games coming up against Burnley and Sunderland in the coming 3weeks or so, can Boro afford to play a very strong side against us.

There is no point reaching the finial if your going to get yourself relegated from the prem., as what happened to Wigan a few years back.

I've got a spare ticket and train travel for this if anyone needs them.... £10 for the ticket, £40 for the train (anytime return from Manchester Picc), would prefer to sell them together.

Similar side to the side that lined up against Stoke on Wednesday night would be my guess. The only changes are, Bravo, who is now the domestic cup keeper, Kompany should get the nod and if he plays the full game and shows no reaction from his lengthy injury then he should be considered for the Monaco game.

Last edited:
According to SSN the Boro team will without 3 of their regular back 4, which should help us to move their back 4 about allowing us to create chances for the likes of Sergio and who ever is upfront with him. Will have to keep an eye out for Negrado who I expect to lead the line for Boro. However with 2 games coming up against Burnley and Sunderland in the coming 3weeks or so, can Boro afford to play a very strong side against us.

There is no point reaching the finial if your going to get yourself relegated from the prem., as what happened to Wigan a few years back.

They're 1 match from Wembley. Can't see them not playing their strongest team despite their relegation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.