Mifi/Dongle

WNRH

I need internet once a week for 3 hours for 15 people. The venue where i need it doesn't have wifi. I've been recommended to get a Mifi but have never heard of them, i assume it is a dongle?

I basically need something mobile that 15 people can log on to and search the internet and do basic office documents, nothing fancy.

Can anyone recommend what would be good for me as all networks offer different things and i'm not sure whats the best.

I need internet once a week for 3 hours for 15 people. The venue where i need it doesn't have wifi. I've been recommended to get a Mifi but have never heard of them, i assume it is a dongle?

I basically need something mobile that 15 people can log on to and search the internet and do basic office documents, nothing fancy.

Can anyone recommend what would be good for me as all networks offer different things and i'm not sure whats the best.
You may struggle a bit with the small Mifi dongle for 15 people depending on how heavy the usage is, they are really only designed for about 5 people max and don't really have the processing power for any more.

You might be better with a mains powered router like an Huawei B311 or B535 as these are geared to more people/devices using it simultaneously. That's assuming you have mains power. Amazon sell them and the B311 you can pick them up pretty cheap on eBay.

For the SIM/network first thing to do is check the coverage using this...

Ofcom Coverage Checker

Have a look which mobile network gives the best indoor 4g coverage for the location.

One word of advice is that the Three network (also used by Smarty and ID mobile) tends to be over subscribed because it's cheap so whilst it might say coverage is good, the performance may be quite poor.

Hope that helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.