Miguel Cotto vs. Yuri Foreman

goatfeeder100

Anyone taking an interest in this fight tomorrow night? It's a big fight in a big venue at the Yankee Stadium. Firstly I cannot believe that no UK tv network has picked this one up because Cotto is a great fighter whose career is on the line with this fight, as he really can't afford to lose or look bad. Foreman is studying to be a rabbi so his is a fascinating story. It's a tremendous event and well worth watching if you have streaming capacity.

It's Cotto's yearly cannon fodder fight.

Urkal, Gomez, Jennings and this year it's Yuri Foreman. To be fair Foreman isn't that bad but i find it hard to get excited about it. He could give Cotto a little trouble, but i expect Cotto to be too much for him.

Should be fairly close and a decent fight as Cotto may be damaged by after Manny and Margarito.

The only way such a match will get on UK telly at that time in the morning is if they give it away.

ono said:

Urkal, Gomez, Jennings and this year it's Yuri Foreman. To be fair Foreman isn't that bad but i find it hard to get excited about it. He could give Cotto a little trouble, but i expect Cotto to be too much for him.

Harsh to call this a cannon fodder fight seeing as this guy is a world champion in a higher weight class.

I'm well excited for it I can't wait to see what Cotto's got left in the tank. Hope he breaks this guy down and stops him around 8 or 9.

On a related note Kevin Mitchell's was in hospital on Wednesday for an operation on his eyes due to blurred vision. Makes you wonder.

goatfeeder100 said:
ono said:

Harsh to call this a cannon fodder fight seeing as this guy is a world champion in a higher weight class.

I'm well excited for it I can't wait to see what Cotto's got left in the tank. Hope he breaks this guy down and stops him around 8 or 9.
Maybe, but he's dropped a lot of rounds to pretty average fighters, and his biggest win is a 34 year old Daniel Santos. He also couldn't crack an egg, so the fact it's at Light-Middle shouldn't matter. It's not like foreman is the sort of fighter who uses his strength. He could trouble Cotto because he puts his shots together nicely, but i see Cotto predictably wearing him down and maybe taking him out after about 8 o 9 rounds. I suppose it's not a bad comeback fight for him, but he's the heavy favourite, and i don't think it will be that competitive. I hope i'm wrong though.

ono said:
goatfeeder100 said:

Maybe, but he's dropped a lot of rounds to pretty average fighters, and his biggest win is a 34 year old Daniel Santos. He also couldn't crack an egg, so the fact it's at Light-Middle shouldn't matter. It's not like foreman is the sort of fighter who uses his strength. He could trouble Cotto because he puts his shots together nicely, but i see Cotto predictably wearing him down and maybe taking him out after about 8 o 9 rounds. I suppose it's not a bad comeback fight for him, but he's the heavy favourite, and i don't think it will be that competitive. I hope i'm wrong though.

Just watched the weigh in and Cotto looks in top shape, Foreman for the supposedly bigger guy doesn't have the kind of frame that Cotto could be intimidated by. His body seems pretty long as well so there should be plenty of room for Cotto to nail him underneath the elbows.

I love watching Cotto, he always looks mean as fuck, so chilled but calculated when he's beating someone up. Even in his defeats he's fought tremendously with courage so I hope he can win this one without too much trouble and get back down to welterweight.

It is a shame no one is showing the fight by no way is this a easy fight for Cotto. He is moving up to Light Middleweight to take this fight. Yes Foreman isnt a big puncher but is a natural at the weight which also helps a close fight Cotto has a punchers chance but it will be a close fight. If it is Cotto of old I can see him blasting Foreman out of it early if not it is anyones.

On the undercard was supposed to be John Duddy v Chavez Jnr but that got put back to the 26th of this month and it is for the WBC Silver Middleweight title which means if the mandatory fighter doesnt take the fight they are the full WBC world champion. On the under card that night will be Barrera. If Duddy was on the bill for tomorrow night there could of been a chance for the fight to be shown live. It is a shame but we only have Sky now showing boxing I only wish ESpn would show some fights as they have not a lot of sport to show.

There's a video doing the rounds of Foreman training and he looks absolutely awful!!

Paticulalrly on the speed bag, I imagine most people who have trained the bag for a few week could hit it better than him.

hope Cotto wins and wins well, true great! HOF for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.